The Letter

Lumine woke up to the wind tapping her open window in her moonlit room. The bed in the room the Knights of Favonius had lent her was not the most comfortable for a full night of sleep, and she often found herself pacing around the room at this hour. The last few days had been uneventful, in a good way, mostly. The girls had gotten to Mondstadt in record time after their recent run-in with Childe, and Lumine came straight to the knights for refuge. Of course, it was no trouble for the acting grand master, who owed a great debt of gratitude in her heart towards the Traveler. Jean was worried for Lumine after hearing her story, but after hearing that the traveler desired protection by staying with them, Jean felt relieved knowing she would be in safe company.
Of course, Jean never doubted the Traveler's abilities to protect herself, she doubted that she even stood a chance against Lumine. She knew though that Lumine had been through a lot recently and that a safe heaven was more than enough for the honorary knight to be satisfied, and in turn, that satisfied Jean.

That said, the uneventfulness of the last few days were a relief for the tired Travelers, who hadn't even stopped to sleep on their way back from the chasm. They took a nap hopping on a merchant's cart for a part of the journey, but that was about it in terms of resting.
Indeed, nothing had happened inside the fortified walls for a week. No crime was committed, the fatui at the hotel were quiet as a mouse, the abyss order hadn't wreaked havoc around the city and barely a drop of rain had touched the green grass of the cliffs carved by Barbatos. She wondered what was Venti up to lately.

Again, nothing interesting happened. It was a good thing for the most part. Except she still waited for news from Childe. She was anticipating a letter from him a lot, even if not much time had passed and she knew very well what he was risking by coming in contact with her. That's why she kept her cool. She didn't write to him, fearing getting caught, and instead waited for him to make the first move to contact her. She knew she could trust him. She believed in the promise he gave her, the same way Childe kept his promises about Teucer and his family.

《You make a promise, you keep it.
You make a mistake, you apologize.》

Childe had lived up to those words every single time, and Lumine thought about those words often.

She paced around her room one last time before going back to her bed to finish the night. Paimon was sound asleep in a small crib next to the bed. The knights had to improvise a bed for the fairy, and this was the next best thing. She did wonder how come they had a baby crib before having a spare bed.

She first dreamed of her brother. They were both sipping a cold drink in a valley of flowers. Her homeland. They did not speak, but shared a moment of peace and comfort. A nice woman brushed and braided her brother's hair. She recognized the woman as her mother, but she did not have a face. She could not remember what she looked like after all these years. She only remembered that she had a mother who would braid Aether's locks and cut Lumine's hair whenever they came back home. On their travels though, it was always Lumine who braided his hair.

The first dream slowly faded and made way to a second dream of herself. She laid in bed with Ajax behind her, kissing her neck, his tender lips trailing it up and down and his hands slipping under her dress. She turned around to face him and he immediately seized the opportunity to savour her lips. She could feel his smile in between breaths as she trailed her hands down his pants, unfastening the buttons and tickling the lower part of his stomach, his breathing asking her for more, begging her to touch lower. As for his hands, they had made their way underneath her dress, caressing her thighs, his fingers inches away from her panties, before he completely stopped.

"Keep going." She said in a whisper full of desire.

"I can't, you're going to wake up." He said with a flirtatious grin.

She woke up in a startle.
Aw man, always when the fun part is about to start.

The breeze that crept through her window was humid and cold. She laid in bed and pulled the covers up to her chin. Outside, the moon was still up and brilliant and not a single sound could be heard in the streets. The north wing of the headquarters was a very peaceful spot to sleep. She watched Paimon snore for a moment until a loud thud piqued her interest.
She got up from her bed and found a rock with a piece of paper neatly tied around it with string. She peaked out the window with no one in sight. She untied the letter and went back under her blankets to read the piece of paper.

《 My dear Lumine, how do you like my delivery idea? Pretty sophisticated and stealthy if you ask me. They have started lowering the number of guards they send your way so it will soon be safe enough for you to adventure out of Mond. I've been lucky enough to land a meeting in Mondstadt at the hotel, I want to see you. I'll be staying at the inn in one week's time, you can then come to find me after the moon rises. Until then and yours truly,
-Ajax. 》

Lumine folded the letter up neatly and placed it between the pages of the book she had been reading. She giggled and felt the excitement of seeing him again in a more private setting, where they would be able to enjoy their time together uninterrupted.
She fell asleep with a smile that went up to her ears, and this time, she got to experience the fun part of her dream.