The Morning Birds

N/B : I just wanted to add a little spice warning for this chapter onwards in case some of y'all skipped some tags, or just straight up don't remember the mature warning lmao :')

———————

He woke up at dawn to the sound of birds chirping their hearts out. He peeked out of the curtains to the sun still hidden behind the tree line, with only a faint glow of orange light in the sky. He closed back the curtains and sat back down on the bed. Even throughout all of the drinks, he hadn't had a good night's sleep like this in a long time. He turned his head back towards her. She was still sound asleep, and work didn't start until later this morning. He still had time to eat and even sleep a bit more by her side. He heard voices downstairs as well as dishes being tossed around, and decided to get them some breakfast for when she woke up.

He slipped into his boots and threw his shirt back on, before going downstairs.  A young man came up to him at the bar.

"Sleep well ?" He asked as he cleaned the counter.

"Perfectly well. You serve anything for breakfast ?" He said as he played with the coins in his pocket.

"My sister made Khagineh." He said, expresionless.

"Which is what, exactly ?" Childe asked.

"A sort of sweet omlette. Hard not to like the taste." The boy completed.

"Perfect, I'll take 4. Can you put two in one plate and the others in separate plates ?" He asked the boy.

"Yep." The boy said as he went into the kitchen.

The boy quickly came back with three plates, as demanded, the double portion being for Paimon when she wakes up.

"I'll be paying last nights bill in full, right now." He demanded.

After settling the matter of paiment downstairs, he went back up with the food to his and Lumine's room. He opened the door quietly and set the plates down on the table. Still asleep , she was laying on her stomach, with her hands under her pillow. A soft flow of light came through the curtain cracks and shun into her golden hair. Dawn had finally broken through the night.

He slipped out of his boots and shirt once more and laid on his side next to her. He caressed her back with the tip of his fingers, her soft skin made his fingers glide easily, until his touch came accross some fine scars, healed through and through, but still perceptible to the touch of an attentive observer.

"Those are from a long time ago." She said as she responded from his touch.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." He said as he changed from using the tip of his fingers to the palm of his hand to rub her back.

"I woke up when you went downstairs. I was just waiting for you to come back in bed." She said as she turned around and snuggled against his chest. He embraced her against him.

"Not too hungover ? You drank pretty hard last night, little lady. " He asked.

"I'll have you know that I can handle my alcohol as much as you, and I am not a little lady." She retorted.

"Sure, little lady. You keep telling that to yourself and maybe it'll be true one day" He said with a grin.

"Insufferable, completely insufferable. Tell me why I fell in love with you again?" She asked, her eyes betrayed how enamoured she was.

"Maybe I am insufferable, but I'm also irresistible. All I had to do was reel you in with my good looks and amazing personality, and you were fawning all over me from the start." He said, bringing his face closer to hers.