~ Twenty Seven ~

My eyes fluttered awake and I adjusted to the dark ceiling. The room was dark but simplistic. I was in some grey trackies and an oversized hoodie. I lifted up my hoodie and a bandage was wrapped around my left stomach. I propped my body up on my elbows just as the door opened. This elderly random guy came in. I said, "hello."

"Hello Miss Monroe, I'm your doctor."

I smiled and said, "thankyou." 

He nodded and said, "you've been out for two days, because of you loosing a lot of blood and your iron deficiency, but luckily the wound won't cause you two much pain because it's nearly healed. Your body heals very fast you must have good genes or something. You can take off your bandage tomorrow."

I fully sat up and asked, "where is everyone?"

"Packing."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "packing?"

"It's not safe for anyone to live here, you guys are all going to the safe houses."

"What happened when I was knocked out."

He sighed and gave me a pain killer and water. I swallowed it and he said, "a lot has happened Miss Monroe."

________________________

I made it to my room and hopped into the shower. Thankfully the bandage is waterproof. I don't remember clearly what had happened all I remember was seeing Nico then nothing. I still remember the sharp pain but it wasn't as bad as anything I haven't experienced before. I turned of the shower and got into some black sports leggings with my black sports bra and a zip up creme hoodie. I applied some concealer and mascara with a lip oil and blow dried my hair. I straightened it and placed it into a ponytail.

I walked out of my room into the hallway and walked to Romano's room. I always know he's the one who will tell me everything. 

I opened his door and saw sitting down leaning against the bed with a bottle of alcohol in his hand. He looked wasted. His head hung low almost at a 180 degree angle. Packets of cigarettes layed on the ground. His room was dark with the hint of light peaking through the open black curtains. I closed the door behind me and said, "Rom Rom?" I saw a drip of foam at the corner of his lips.

My.

Heart.

Stopped.

My heart beated faster. I rushed to the floor. Tears welling up in my eyes. I shook his body weeping, "Romano, wake up."

Shit. 

I looked right next to him and saw drugs in a yellow jar. I grabbed it and it said,  heroine. I screamed, "help." Think Mia, think. You're a nurse. Stay calm. I remembered Romano's words, 'I have everything in case of an emergency.'

I quickly placed him into the recovery position. I rushed into the bathroom, my heart pumping blood around my body way too fast. It felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I looked through his cabinets seeing so many drugs. My hands moving through all of them to trying to find it. Bottles of pills falling I screamed again, "HELP!"

My fingers found a small clear bottle. It was labelled Naloxone. Thankyou god. I quickly grabbed the bottle and placed it on the bathroom basin. Every druggie has to have needles. I looked through the draws in his bathroom in a hurry and found packets of needles. I grabbed it and pulled it open. Needles going everywhere. I grabbed one and the naloxone. I fell onto the floor besides Romano. The door opened quickly. Dominic was out of place his shirt unbuttoned and dark circles under his eyes. Panic rushed to his face when he saw Romano on the floor and my tears. I urgently said, "wet a cold towel and grab a bucket."