~ Fifty Three ~

Mia's Pov:

I exhaled, perfect timing Nico baby. I watch as he leaves. I waited 15 minutes making sure he's not coming back. I know, I'm going after Michael to confront him and ask for the truth and after I found out who killed my mother, I'm going after them. I realised through that vision that my 13 year old self is a brave person but yet here I am not confronting my fears. I'm tired of being weak.

I grabbed a black hoodie from Nicholas's side of the closet. I put it on and pushed back my flyaways into my pony. I walked over to Nico's vault taking a look at the code when he entered it I pressed 235 and it gave a satisfying click. I grabbed two guns and tucked it into my pants. I grabbed a black harness and placed it on my body underneath the hoodie and I adjusted it. It was very bulky. God why is this so hard. I placed knifes in it and my guns in the holders instead. and  I pulled out another draw and saw some rope and a knife.

I grabbed both out and my instincts and muscle memory took the handrails. I tied the rope around the handle of the knife. I walked out the closet to the room and I saw my water bottle on the table next to my reading chair. I stood near the door so I was far away from the water bottle. It's like the time where I threw the daggers perfectly. I just let my body take over and I threw the knife extending it with the rope slicing the water bottle in half and bringing the knife back catching it by the handle. A random smile hit my face. Something like pride. I untied the rope and placed it in my black bag. I placed the knife in my combat boots.

I can't exit by the front door, I could run into Dominic and I don't want to. I locked the door to my bedroom and grabbed my phone and keys to Nico's Audi R8. I opened the sliding door to the balcony my brain going off. Just images of mum and Michael and Nico running through my brain as I looked down and saw the massive drop. I looked to the side and saw a pipe that went the whole way.

I took my hoodie off my body and flung it around the pipe. I scooted myself off the balcony to the ledge just at the edge. I didn't look down I said, "Mia you can do this you can do this. It's easy."

I twisted the sleeves around my waist one time and I placed my legs on the wall. I quickly scooted down. I got like 5 metres away from the floor when my foot slipped and I fell the hoodie untying. A jolt of pain from my nerve ran up my feet to my butt as I landed.

I got up from the floor and my heart palpitated like crazy the adrenaline feeling like I'm gonna explode into a million pieces. I quickly stuffed my hoodie into my bag as I slung it over my shoulder I ran across the grass from the backyard to the garage.

Unlocking the door I prayed Nico took the raptor instead he normally does when he is in the mood for killing or the motorbike. I walked in and the Audi was there. Thank you god!

I walked over quickly and unlocked the car I got in and started the engine. I pressed the button on the keys which opened the garage door. I took a picture of his fuel just in case if he returns back to his car finding it low on fuel. Nico is smart not stupid. A pang of guilt hit me but I have to do what I have to do to finally find out what has happened with my life.

After this everything will be ok. I plugged in the address Michael gave me ages ago and I started to drive and drive. It was an estimation of a 2 hour drive.

Oh good gosh and it's only 6:00pm. I really hope Nico doesn't go back to the house. I ran through scenarios that could possibly happen with either Nico or Michael. It was crazy because I knew I'm second guessing myself like what if he had another person with the same scar and had the name Dante like I could be wrong. But that gut feeling is telling me that being related to Vancolf never made sense like the author to my story threw a plot twist, but no I believe Michael is my father I just need proof.