Chapter 5: Ready, Set, Blast Off!

"Ah, This dream again."

Was the first thing that popped into Diego's mind, as he laid half submerged in what he could only describe as a shallow body of water. He doesn't really recall the first few times he had this dream, only that as they became more recurrent he became increasingly more lucid during the dream. He did try to consult his family on the matter but his mother Evelynn, simply brushed it off jokingly saying that maybe he should go to the bathroom before bed. While he contemplated, he realised he's been freely swaying his arms, in fact, he could freely move his body. 

"That's new." Diego thought to himself, He gets up on his feet and for the first time since he began having this dream he looked around but all he could see was an infinite azure that stretched as far as his eyes could see. He looked down and saw an endless depth to the body of water yet he was somehow standing on it, but still he couldn't help but feel like there was something else out there...

"Hmmm"

Diego is snapped out of his thoughts, that was definitely not his voice and he is way too lucid for it to be his mind to be playing tricks on him, but before he could question anything, his invisible foothold gives away and he plunges in the endless water that surrounded him, he struggles to swim his way back to the surface however the current keeps dragging him down, no matter how much he struggles he only sinks deeper and deeper, he feels his body running out of oxygen and panic begin to set in...

Bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt bzzzzzzzzzt-

It is now the next morning in Beacon Academy. Diego jerks awake, breathless, he desperately gasps for air for a few seconds and managed to calm himself, then, he takes deep breaths and makes sure he is one piece by running his hands across his face, neck, arms, body... He realises he was forced awaked by the clock attached to the wall with an inbuilt alarm system up high in the ballroom. The shuffling, groaning and idle chit-chat also participate in the process of waking up the future huntsman of Beacon. With a crack and a groan, Diego sits up on the sort of mattress that was given to him upon entering the ballroom. He looks around him, he sees Ruby getting dragged out of bed by Yang who is already up and shining. Weiss tidying herself to look as perfect as possible. He notices Jaune changing out of his "Pumpkin Pete" pyjamas which causes him to spark up the conversation.

"Nice PJs, Jaune. Are those Pumpkin Pete PJs?" Diego says as he lets out a small chuckle. Jaune looks at him then his pyjamas. He laughs too as he's in the middle of putting on his Pumpkin Pete hoodie in which he wears under his heavy chest-plate. "Oh no, Jaune, now that's just overkill." Diego adds on with a more worried tone.

"Huh? This? You have no idea how many boxes I had to buy to get this hoodie. What do you think? Pretty cool, right!" Jaune shows off a huge smile which didn't allow Diego to tell him the truth.

"O-Oh, yeah definitely! Just make sure to cover your chest with that armor. I'm not sure what's gonna be thrown at us during the initiation." Diego replies as he gets up from his bed. "It sure isn't my bed back home but I guess it wasn't the worst thing... sure as hell could've been better." He bickers about the mattress while looking back down at it. He removes his black button up pyjamas with golden highlights made with silk and into his regular clothes.

"Hey boys! You ready for initiation, yet?" Yang chimes in still holding onto a half asleep Ruby. "Thankfully I'm here or else my cute little baby sister would've stayed asleep, isn't that right, Ruby?" She says as she playfully tugs Ruby's cheek. The only thing Ruby can do is be supported by Yang to stand up straight and mutter incoherent and meek noises.

"Yeah, we're just about set to go. I'm seeing a lot of people head over to what seems to be the lockers, maybe we should follow the crowd." replies Diego with a small yawn.