Chapter 16: The Legendary Grimm Reaper

Cold. Cold was the first thing to come to Diego's mind when he woke up. He woke up in the place of his nightmares, a never ending lake with a boulder set dead in the middle, its icy waters stretching out endlessly, mirroring the bleak expanse of his subconscious.

 Following the events of last night, The Beacon Dance, Diego had spent a bit more time with Weiss after their long-awaited embrace before walking her back to her dorm then crashing at his bed after an exhaustful day

 Following the events of last night, The Beacon Dance, Diego had spent a bit more time with Weiss after their long-awaited embrace before walking her back to her dorm then crashing at his bed after an exhaustful day. However when he awoke, he found himself in this place. Diego's heart quickened as he surveyed his surroundings—the dark waters of the lake lapping against the jagged rocks, the silence broken only by the whisper of the wind. Panic threatened to consume him, its tendrils creeping into every corner of his consciousness. That's when it happened... A voice coming from below him, a voice, soft yet unmistakable, pierced the eerie silence, emanating from the depths below him. Diego froze, his heart pounding in his chest as he strained to discern its origin.

     "Diego," the voice whispered, echoing through the darkness like a haunting melody. It was a voice tinged with familiarity, yet shrouded in mystery, sending shivers down his spine. Trembling, Diego peered into the murky depths of the lake, his senses on high alert. There, amidst the swirling shadows, he caught a glimpse of movement—a faint glimmer of light that seemed to beckon him closer. In that pivotal moment, Diego's gaze pierced through the murky depths, finally alighting upon the source of the beckoning voice. There, at the very floor of the lake, lay a figure cloaked in shadow, ensnared by chains that coiled around its form like serpents. His heart quickened with a mixture of awe and trepidation as he beheld the mysterious being, its features obscured by the shifting currents of the water. Bound by heavy chains that anchored it to the depths below, the figure exuded an aura of both despair and defiance. Diego's breath caught in his throat as he took in the scene before him, the weight of the moment pressing down upon him like the crushing pressure of the ocean depths. With each passing second, he felt the grasp of fate tightening around him, drawing him inexorably closer to the enigmatic being that lay imprisoned before him. Before either the enigmatic being or Diego could make a move, their encounter was abruptly interrupted as Diego was jolted back to reality by the insistent blare of his alarm clock.

     As he stirred from his slumber, he sat up on the edge of his bed, casting a glance around the room. The soft morning light filtered through the blinds, painting the walls with a warm, golden hue. His gaze fell upon his teammates—N, Vasillis, and Tanner—each rising from their beds in unison, the start of another day beckoning them forth. The four of them exchanged morning greetings before engaging in some casual banter about the events of the previous night.

 The four of them exchanged morning greetings before engaging in some casual banter about the events of the previous night