Chapter 11: Journey to the Pride Lands

Now that the two-part chapter is over, time to move on with the last two chapters. Also, nothing to report in this chapter. I guess all I can say is I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Characters

Heroes:

The Lion Guard: Kion, Timothy, Lucy, Samuel, Fuli, Bunga, Beshte, Ono, Anga, Makini, Cassandra

The Night Pride: Queen Rani, Baliyo, Nirmala, Surak, Ullu

Villains:

(Defeated)

...

It has been a day ever since the Shrine has been destroyed and Morgana has been defeated again. At that moment, the sun was rising over the horizon as Kion was in a field while looking up at the spirit his deceased grandfather, Mufasa. "IT IS A DIFFICULT DECISION." The spirit of Mufasa said to Kion with a frown. "It is. I have a duty to the Pride Lands. My whole family is there." Kion replied, frowning as well as he started pacing. "But I still have more to learn about the Roar. Especially its connection with the Energy Stone. And the Night Pride could use our help. And Rani... I mean, Queen Rani. She wants me to stay." Kion added as he stopped pacing.

"AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?" Mufasa asked with a warm smile. "What do I want?" Kion asked with a puzzled expression. "YES, KION. THE DECISION IS YOURS TO MAKE. YOU MUST CHOOSE THE PATH THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU." Mufasa replied. "The path that's right for me... " Kion repeated what his deceased grandfather said as he then heard the Voice calling, which made him remember what he said to Rani the other morning which caused him to smile as well. "Thank you, Grandfather." Kion thanked as the spirit of Mufasa just nodded once in response and then disappeared in the clouds.

"Kion." Someone called from behind Kion, who turned around and saw Rani approaching. "Rani. Uh, hi." Kion replied as Rani stopped in front of him with a frown. "Have you though about what I said?" Rani asked with a concerned expression. "You mean about never being welcome at the Tree of Life?" Kion asked with a smirk, which caused Rani to laugh a bit. "That was a while ago." Rani replied with a smile. "Funny how things can change once you get to know someone." Rani added as she started walking. "Yeah, it's true." Kion replied as he walked with Rani. "We really do make a good team, Kion." Rani said as she and Kion walked side by side.

"I know. The Lion Guard and Night Pride work really well together." Kion replied to Rani as they kept walking. "Well, yeah." Rani said with a chuckle. "But, I also mean you and me." Rani added with a small blush as a slow melody began playing in the air around her and Kion. "Yeah. We do." Kion replied, blushing a little as well as the music continued playing.

Rani: How are we so different
And still so much the same?

Kion: Why do I start smiling
When I hear your name?

Rani: At times I think you could be
A reflection of me

Kion: Still there's something deeper

Both: More than what we see

There's a feeling of belonging
That's deep down inside
A feeling that's been growing
Now we just can't hide
It's a feeling somehow knowing
There's nothing to decide
'Cause when I'm with you it's clear
We're of the same pride