Chapter 2

Because the music was so draining, all of us ended up not speaking, as there was no use.  Instead we were alone with our thoughts, aside from Nick, who was putting his heart and soul into singing alone with Nicki Minaj.  He writhed along with the beat in his car seat, as everyone else sat in silence, with just the music to bless our ears.  At the traffic lights, kids were pointing, people were shocked, but Nick didn't seem to care.  He carried on as if normal.  That was something I had always admired about him.  I could tell we were going to be great friends.  

Matt's pov

I can't tell but I think something happened between Chris and Skye.  For a moment there  I thought she might like me.  I guess I wrong, so very wrong.  I should have told her how I felt earlier.  Now this is all so messed up.  Chris is my brother, I can't let this tear us apart.  

Chris' pov

All I can think about is Skye.  She's on my mind all day everyday.  But the tension in this car is so huge.  Something must of happened in private with Matt and Skye.   I brushed off the way Matt looked at her before but now I can't ignore it, I like her too much to ignore it.  I hope this fixes itself.  I hope everything works out.  

Nick's pov

I LOVE THIS SONG 

(note: language just the lyrics tho, just in this pov part)

Uh, let's go to the beach-each
Let's go get a wave
They say what they gonna say
Have a drink, clink, found the Bud Light
Bad bitches like me is hard to come by
The Patrón-ón? Let's go get it on
The zone-one? Yes, I'm in the zone
Is it two, three? Leave a good tip
I'ma blow all of my money and don't give two shits, uhI'm on the floor, floor
I love to dance
So give me more, more, 'til I can't stand
Get on the floor, floor
Like it's your last chance
If you want more, more
Then here I amStarships were meant to fly
Hands up and touch the sky
Can't stop 'cause we're so high
Let's do this one more time, ohStarships were meant to fly
Hands up and touch the sky
Let's do this one last time
Can't stop (we're higher than a motherfucker)Jump in my hoopty, hoopty, hoop, I own that
And I ain't paying my rent this month, I owe that
But fuck who you want and fuck who you like
Dancehall life, there's no end in sight
Twinkle, twinkle, little starNow everybody, let me hear you say ray, ray, ray
Go spend all your money 'cause today payday
And if you're a G, you a G, G, G
My name is Onika, you can call me Nicki (woo)Get on the floor, floor
Like it's your last chance
If you want more, more
Then here I amStarships were meant to fly
Hands up and touch the sky
Can't stop 'cause we're so high
Let's do this one more timeStarships were meant to fly
Hands up and touch the sky
Let's do this one last time
Can't stop (we're higher than a motherfucker)Starships were meant to fly
Hands up and touch the sky
Can't stop 'cause we're so high
Let's do this one more timeStarships were meant to fly
Hands up and touch the sky
Let's do this one last time
Can't stop (we're higher than a motherfucker)

Skye's pov

We arrived shortly after at the McDonalds drive through, and Nick turned the volume right down.  There was still a car in front of us, so we were just sitting in silence for a few minutes again, I could tell Nick wanted to say something, but probably didn't know what to.  Finally Matt drove to the intercom to order, and I noticed for the first time this journey that his jaw was slightly clenched.  Maybe I did something?  I rack my brain for anything I could have done wrong with no luck.  He speaks.  'What do you all want to order?'  He says it reluctantly?  'I'll have 6 chicken nuggets and a sweet tea please' Chris says.  His order is perfect, not gonna lie, like him.  I'm in awe.  'Uh s-s-same' I say blushing, tripping over my words.  What is this boy doing to me?  I see a small smile evident on his face, his perfect face.  But he sees me looking at him, and it immediately fades.  'I'll have 6 chicken nuggets too but with a dr pepper and a Maltesers Mcflurry' Nick adds.  Finally, Matt completes the order 'and another chicken nuggets with a milk please, bye, thank you.' I'm still wondering what I did or said to him.  

He pulls into a parking space in the parking lot at McDonalds and it's yet again silent.  Matt interrupts.  'Sooo, whats going on?'  Chris begins to opens his mouth but Nick wails in despair 'THIS MCFLURRY IS NOT MIXED.  AGAIN.'  He starts to sob loudly.  Matt and Chris go straight away to comfort him.  I respect that, its really sweet to see how much they care for each other.  Chris is leaning over, his hand lightly grazed my thigh.  A jolt of electricity rushes through my body.  I gasped quietly, but I think he heard because his eyes instantly met mine. They locked.  I noticed Matt looking away and clenching his jaw, again, in the corner of my eye.  What is going on with him?  He decided to look back, but this time at Nick, they exchanged a little look.  Um, what was that?

I don't think I can sit here anymore and pretend like everything's normal.  'OK what is going on here?' I snapped at Matt mostly.  'Oh my god Matt I'm telling her' Nick seems to be giving in to something.  'Tell me what' I said curtly.  I was so confused at this point.  'HE LIKES YOU.'  Nick screams, with a sense of regret, Matt tried to cover his mouth with his hand but failed.