Chapter 10

Chris walked home alone that night, there was pit in my stomach filled with guilt after what had happened with Matt.  Kyler and I were invited to stay the night at the triplets house by Matt as we were most likely going to go collect Nick when he got discharged the next morning with him and Chris.  We decided it was for the best.  Also that way I could somehow maybe try make amends with Chris.  

Nobody spoke that much that evening though, not Matt, not Kyler, and Chris was locked up in his room the whole time, isolating himself from the rest of the world.  All we could hear from the couch we were going to sleep on was changes by XXXTENTACION playing on repeat at top volume.  Chris sounded crushed. 

At around 1am, I was tossing and turning, probably with the horror and confusion of everything that was going on right now in my life, so I gave up and went to the kitchen to get some water.  Coincidentally there was someone else up. 

Filling up a glass of water, was Matt.  Guess we had the same plan.

'You couldn't sleep too?' I whispered serenely.  He jumped a little, he probably didn't think anyone else was up, but turned around straight away and we focused on each others eyes.  His were just perfection.  'Yeah, it's kinda hard, thinking of Nick non stop and what could have gone worse than it always is.'  

'I understand.'  A moment passed where we locked gaze some more until he looked away and spoke.  'So, do you wanna go for a drive or something?' 'Yeah, sure, that would be fun.'  I smiled slightly, he did the same.  Chris can not know about this.

Matt put on his playlist once we were in the minivan.  It was lowkey fire.  'Sooo do you wanna go to McDonalds?'  He asked.  'Yeah, kinda craving a sweet tea right now.'  We both faintly laughed.  His laugh was so nice.  After paying for sweet teas for us both, I thanked him and he drove us into the parking lot.  

Chris was continuing to haunting me, I felt so nostalgic the whole time at McDonalds, from when the arguments started, and when we walked there, when he, you know, left me.  I could just picture the same wounded face as he had when he saw Matt and I at the vending machine.  

Once we were parked, Matt grabbed his phone form beside him, went off of his playlist and put on another song.  A song that I recognized all too well.  He lent quickly over and whispered in my ear 'I know you like this song.'  Hips don't lie by Shakira was playing and he turned it up loud and started dancing.  We scanned each others eyes.  How did he know?  That I adored this song.  He was a dream, but real.  I joined in with his dancing and giggled at his amusing moves.  With every second of the song, we didn't break eye contact until...

A minute or so into the song, Matt's gaze travelled down my body, specifically to my hips.  He mumbled something under his breath 'your hips really don't lie'.  Oh my god.  He froze up immediately.  A sudden rush of confidence went racing through me.  'What?'  I smirked, giving them a little shake, just as I had done alone in my room the other day.  'Sorry, I didn't mean- uh' I put my finger to his lips. 'Shhh' I hushed him and I kissed them.  He was taken way off guard.  He hesitated for an instant, but melted into it anyways.  The kiss lasted a few seconds.  We both pulled away and smiled.  'As much as I could stay here the whole night, we do have to get some sleep so we can pick Nick up tomorrow.  And if anyone else wakes up, they'll notice we're both gone.'  I knew he was mainly talking about Chris, because his mood slightly dropped as he remembered I had the option to choose his brother over him.  

So he drove us back.  We were as quiet as we could be whilst entering the house.  I gave Matt a quick peck on the cheek as he said goodnight softly and went to his room once again to sleep. 

 There was a noise.  No.  No.  No!  Someone was coming down the corridor.  They most likely saw Matt and I come in, or heard us to a degree.  I tried to rush back to the couch, and pretend I was asleep, but there there was already a body standing in the doorway, glaring at me intensely, dried tears on their cheek.  They most definitely saw Matt and I return.  It was Chris.  

note: sorry this took so long to upload I've been so busy these last few days, im back now thooo:)