Chapter 18

(still Chris' pov)

As I started playing the song I had wanted to sing when I met the one girl of my dreams for years, she dove deep into my elated orbs.  

I sung.  

Chillin' with a hair tie,
No makeup with some sweatpants on.

 The first time I saw her she was wearing her grey hoodie and her crocs, with the most glowy but natural and beautiful makeup look.  She instantly caught my eye. 

You know I can always be that guy,
You can think about me all night long
But I think you need something to think of me.

Desperately, I want to let her know, I'm here, and when she's ready, if she ever is, I will still be here.

Something that will keep you warm.  

And show we can be more than just this

So baby if you are not ready for my kiss

Then you can wear my sweatshirt
And you can tell your friends we'll be together till the end
Girl you can wear my sweatshirt
Cuz you're the only one I hold and I don't want you to be cold
So baby wear mine

And with the first chorus over, I paused, and debated slightly running away never to be seen again.  But rethought, and told myself that I had to do this.  

I took an oversized sweatshirt of mine that was laying on the sofa next to us, all lonely, and handed it to her.  She exchanged a solicitous glance, as if asking for permission, took it out my hands, and she cuddled it for a few seconds, grateful, and put it on.  This was not going badly, and I was so exceptionally appreciative that this was the case. 

I continued with the song.  

When you go to sleep at night, When you wake up in the morning
And when you walk the halls girl you know wanna flaunt it
Said this may be the start of something new
Girl I'm gonna tell you exactly what I wanna do is more than just this
So baby if you are not ready for my kiss

She seemed as though shell never be ready, with Matt around anyways.  But Skye, Skye was still worth it.  

Then you can wear my sweatshirt
And you can tell your friends we'll be together till the end
Girl you can wear my sweatshirt
Cuz you're the only one I hold and I don't want you to be cold
So baby wear mine...
And you can wear my, my, my, my sweatshirt
And I don't want you to be cold,
Cold, co- co- co- cold

So you can wear my

Throughout the entire song, I felt myself glimpsing back up at her every few seconds, to see her reaction.  She didn't once lift her alluring emerald eyes off of me.  Although I couldn't tell if she was exactly impressed, I still hoped she was at least liking it.  Her opinion meant a lot to me, I had to admit.  

So you can wear my sweatshirt
And you can tell your friends we'll be together till the end
Girl you can wear my sweatshirt
Cuz you're the only one I hold and I don't want you to be cold
So baby wear my
Sweatshirt
Cuz you're the only one I hold and I don't want you to be cold

So baby wear my
I finished with a flourish, setting my guitar neatly back in my pocket.  It felt like a rush of energy had targeted me, when I strummed the final chord.  I looked back up at her, and everything felt as it was.  Her eyes were finally shining in awe, as I had secretly been longing them to be, and she was boring into me after the song I had shown her.  I couldn't help but to stare in return, entranced by her goddessness.  

We both began to lean in.  I felt a small smile creep its way onto my lips, I just wanted her, now and forever.  

There was a slight noise as I went to place my lips onto hers, but I continued, ignoring it, wanting to live this second, my eyes shutting closed.  Everything faded away when I was with her.  

The moment her soft lips were milometers away from mine, she turned her strangely alarmed head fully to the right, eyes widened.  I just managed to place an endearing kiss on her cheek.

Standing abysmally and wrathful in the doorway, was my brother.  

He had seen it all.