SKYE TELLERS MYTHICAL ADVENTURES WITH JOHNNY ORLANDO - part one (TORN prequel)

(PAPA JOHN)

- a prequel to torn. - 

Tonight was the night. The spiritual night. My heart was pounding and pacing like a cannon.

I was doing my hair in a high bob and dazzling my face up with eyeliner, concealer, highlighter and a cheeky trickle of gloss.  My chariot now awaited outside, Kyler, who with one hand on the steering wheel smiled up at me, his eyes pulsating and throbbing with never-ending excitement. We were about to be on our mystical journey to se my all time celebrity crush, Johnny Florida.

Oops! I meant Orlando. Hahah so goofy of me.

But truly, I idolize him. In my eyes, unlike anyone else (other than Matt), he is a beautiful, radiant, drop dead gorgeous ray of super sunshine. I couldn't believe I was seeing him tonight, live in concert. There was no one like him. And maybe, just maybe, I might have the once in a lifetime opportunity to even meet him.

As I hopped into the car, I was getting hot just thinking about tonight.

Kyler went broom broom on the engine of our 1999 toyota corrola, and I knew it was all I needed to get me ready and going for tonight.

As we arrived and the venue, we hopped out the car and parked right in front of someone's driveway.

We strolled inside and the strobe lights were almost making me blind. We had vip so it was going to be intimate. As we were waiting for him to come onstage for soundcheck, 'hips don't lie' starting playing at top volume. This was my song. My eyes lit up with happiness and exhilaration and I started dancing. I breakdanced intensely, did the dolphin, the jellyfish and the wap. Suddenly, there was an explosion.

Of cheers. John was here. He was performing. I clapped quickly and loudly. My heart raced but I shut it down.

'Hello guyssss' He screamed in a loud, sexy manner. I waved and he looked at me and giggled. I blushed. 'So how are we doing?' We all screamed in return 'GOOD'. 'I'm going to do an acoustic version of a song that I'll also sing later.' He started singing in a velvety, glistening voice, one of my favourite songs ever, what if.'

As he approached the chorus, he looked at me when he said 'what if I say' and began to... stutter. He quickly apologized and I looked away. If there was a cardiac arrest sound for my heart right now, it would blast through speakers, and crack mirrors, flatlining. Could I have been the reason? He carried on singing and I was getting hot and heavy. I felt ill. The lights were hurting.

Red and blue and purple and red. It was a glistening blur of fluorescents. Then it was all black.

'Skye!!! I heard that was your name. Are you awake? Please say you're ok' A light voice like the prettiest perfume had gone down someone's throat and returned to life like a dazzling butterfly sounded worried. But I couldn't move. For 10 minutes.

Then, to Kyler's amusement, I awoke.  He was laughing.  What a meanie.  I gasped a heavy breath of air and looked around, I was still at John's concert.  

'How long was I out?' I asked.

'Just for the soundcheck, he'll be coming on again in a minute.  Don't worry, I recorded it all for you anyways.'

After 2 minutes, which felt like the ultimate lifetime, the strobe lights went down, and everyone went silent for a split second, until they erupted. 

People began to chant as if it were some kind of strange Canadian cult. I could feel pulsing through my veins, a mysterious essence flowing through me that had been shot from someone else in the room like a cannon.