Chapter 4

To be quite frankly honest, standing in the rain, hugging Chris didn't feel real. It was too perfect to be true. Too perfect to last. I hated lying to myself about each triplet, I really wanted it to last. Me and Chris to last.

Matt was still in the driving seat, drops of water running down the window, I assumed, probably still watching us. 

 A realization hit me as I was hugging his brother, a real stab in the chest. I was breaking his heart, I hated to see it. Its just so complicated. I could feel his eyes on us, sadly, most likely wishing none of this was happening.

Matt had confessed his feelings for me. Well, Nick did for him. I was still utterly shocked. And I didn't even know what Chris was thinking. He did kiss me, he could like me, I didn't want to be too sure though, in case he did not. I just didn't want a relationship like this, something that seemed so real, to turn out like it did with my ex, badly. My stomach twisted nervously, I could be hurt so easily.

Chris' pov

Hugging Skye was all I wanted, it was what I needed in this moment. I felt so incredibly alone when my brothers and I fought, because they were actually the people closest to me. It felt like a punch in the chest when Matt lashed back at me, even if I deserved it the slightest bit. Why would I say all that to him? He's my brother. But he likes Skye. Skye Teller. The girl I kissed yesterday after warming up in her shower. That kiss only made me fall for her more.

Skye's probably scared, after witnessing that. Of me? Or both of us? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she left and didn't hang out with us ever again. I was expecting the hardest push from her, so I was for sure taken back when she went in for the hug. She reads people well, I will give her that. She's so comforting, I could hug her for hours.  Skye Teller, what are you doing to me?

Skye's pov

I have to talk this all through with Chris. So reluctantly, I pushed gently away from him. He looked a little more upset. Behind me, the engine turned on. 

 Matt and Nick were getting ready to leave. Clearly, they were waiting for us to get back into the car, to go home. It was going to be an awkward car journey for sure.

'Stay, please. I can't go back in that car.' Chris pleaded. It was too late anyways, Matt pressed the pedal straight away and drove off, frustrated, leaving Chris and I alone once again. It was okay though, because he was next to me. The rain was still pouring. His hair was soaking wet, little droplets were rolling down his face.  Eyes frozen on a sight ahead.  I looked into them, blue ones. They were beautiful. I'd only ever noticed Matt's like this, but Chris'. I couldn't help but gaze into them, I could look at them forever. Chris though, he just carried on looking into the distance, in a deep thought perhaps. 

After about a minute, he spoke up.  'Do you like Matt?'  Why would he ask this?  Because he wants to stay away from me?  'Why?' I replied, unsure of the answer myself.  'Skye, answer the question.'  Weirdly, he seemed desperate to know.  Awkwardly I was standing there.  I couldn't keep look at him anymore, when he asked my questions like this, so I looked away, but his eyes just removed themselves from the distance, onto me.  He wanted to know the truth.  But what was I supposed to reply?   I didn't know.  I felt safe with him.  That was one thing.  And I didn't want to lose him.  So I didn't reply, I couldn't find the real response in me.  I didn't want to mess anything up.  I didn't want him to leave me.  I didn't want things to change for the worst.  I thought, harder, until I could not anymore.  And so I resulted in crying, I didn't care if he watched.  I just wish this was simpler.  

I tried to hug him again, for comfort, but he just stood there, letting me hold onto him, hands by his side, not reciprocating the action.  It wasn't the same as it was a few minutes ago.  The hug before seemed to be filled with care, and even love.  This was just emotionless, on his part anyway. 

After a few seconds, I decided it was no use.  I pulled away.  'Why did you leave this morning, without a text, note or anything?'  I felt I had to get some answers.  'Why?' He mocked me, a fake smile appearing on his pretty face.  He did not just.  'Just tell me Chris.' I was starting get frustrated with him.  This morning he left me alone, no trace of him anywhere.  I even doubted if the night before actually happened.  'Do you like Matt?' Chris repeated himself, but with more spite. 'Why do you want to know?' I said, in a slightly more obnoxious tone.  'Oh my god.  You just don't get it.'  He raised his voice more.  'What don't I get Chris?'  My eyes were filling with more tears, I hadn't fought with Chris before, and I really hated it.  I didn't care how foul I spoke at this moment, so much bitterness was put into such a small question on both of our parts.  Suddenly, he held onto both my arms, lent in and kissed me, even more passionately than he had done the previously.  

Everything that just happened didn't matter anymore.  It was another moment where all I could think of nothing but what was happening right there and then.  I brought my hands to his neck as he moved his to my waist, and tightens the space between us.  He had a way to make my head spin.  

Suddenly, there was an engine noise. We both pulled away immediately and knew what it was.  Pretending as if nothing had happened, Chris scratched the back of his neck, innocently.  

Matt stepped out of the minivan that had pulled directly in front of us, definitely aggravated.

'Get in the car now.' He said in a loud, sternly manner.  

k ill definitely be posting once every day from now on slay