Chapter 19

That was it.  My whole world shifted.  I went in to kiss her, but my lips went straight to her smooth cheek, as she just looked away towards Matt, regretful.  If that was caught on camera, it would be exactly the summary of our relationship, if there even is one.  

After what had just happened, I couldn't take the rejection anymore.  

I got myself up, embarrassed, and stormed past Matt in the doorway, out of the room, escaping, the walls almost closing in on me.  Full of so many emotions, I ran to my room, the only place where I seemed to feel any sense of home, especially when Skye was in my house.  Once I had slammed my door shut, I slid down the back of it, tears trickling down my red cheeks.  Choking through despair, I muttered, loud enough for the device to hear 'Alexa, play changes', put my head in my hands, and let the tenderness flow for as long as it took to palliate.  

Here we go again, in my chamber, sobbing away over a girl to changes by XXXTENTACION.  The nostalgia was too real.  

Skye's pov

As soon as Chris walked out the room, Matt went right after him, not following, but he probably just didn't want to make things worse.  I felt the same so I definitely didn't blame him.  

After overthinking for about 10 minutes, I came to the obvious conclusion I should just leave.  All I was doing by being here was messing things up even more.  Getting myself up and making my way over towards the front door, a rush of regret for what had happened came through me.  Chris' song was so unbelievably sweet, and he basically told me that he'll always be waiting.  But there's Matt, who probably was standing in the doorway the entire time, watching for my reaction.  The awkward silence after I saw him there couldn't be shaken out of my head.  It was like a bell ringing in my ear as a reminder that it happened.   

As I went to twist the handle and leave, I heard footsteps making their way over to me.  I thought it might be Chris or Matt, trying to make amends or something, but I turned around to see Nick approaching me.  

He gasped as he saw me, I wasn't sure why, and immediately screamed, booming.  'SKYE!  STAY THERE!' Running over hurriedly to grab... a shoe? He screamed again.  'SPIDER.'  He pointed at my face.  Was he for real?  A panic bolted through me, worried about where the spider was.  I began to feel lightheaded.  Nick's shrieking could easily be heard through the whole house, to prove that everyone came sprinting out of their rooms, to see the commotion.  Everyone apart from Chris.  Nick pulled up his arm, trying to aim for the thing, and possibly kill it.  'NICK NO' Matt chirped in, and tried to get Nick to not hit me.  But it was too late.  He swung his arm and the shoe, connected to it, lashed at my face.  Following a millisecond, the pain hit me, hard. 

Suddenly, everything went dark.  The last thing I heard was Matt say 'it's makeup you idiot.'