13 - You Owe Me A Hand Job

"It's hooooootttt," Ben whined, dramatically flinging himself onto me and Green- Bean's laps and sprawled out as though he'd been shot.

I rolled my eyes and held my hotdog closer to my body, happy that he hadn't made me drop it, or crushed it, "It's supposed to be hot, idiot; it's summer time."

"Blah, blah blah," he childishly muttered, giving me a look, "I know the cause, but I want the solution!"

We were all inside the cabin, just sitting around after cooking ourselves some barbeque and snacking on loads of chips. It really was a hot day, and although there was the possibility of air conditioning, this cabin lacked in maintenance, meaning we wouldn't be receiving waves of cool, livable air any time soon.

"We could go swimming," Green-Bean proposed, taking another bite of the overly cooked cheeseburger in his hand, a drop of mustard annoyingly painted onto the corner of his lips.

Ben's face ignited into excitement at the simple idea, and he sprung up from his place as he squealed slightly before composing himself, setting his hands to his hips, "Gentlemen, swimming, it is!"

"Great, but I'd really like to finish this hotdog first," I mumbled behind my food, feeling relaxed and not really wanting to go anywhere.

"Sure Kyler, go ahead and finish stuffing your mouth with that wiener," Ben joked, causing me to roll my eyes at his stupidity.

Usually, I didn't mind jokes like this, but they were getting excessive and I had really hoped he'd be over the whole thing about me kissing a boy, let alone his little brother, but he wasn't, and I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be able to handle the jokes so long as I knew they had some sort of truth to them that he wasn't aware of.

"Swimming?" Cj's small voice asked as he stopped drinking from his water bottle, looking slightly concerned.

Ben nodded, folding his arms over his chest, "Why yes, little one. We are going swimming. Problem?"

Cj parted his lips slightly to say something, perhaps to protest, but he kept his words to himself, simply shaking his head to communicate that no, there was no problem.

"Awesome," Ben smiled, heading off towards the room claimed by him and Green-Bean, "I'm getting dressed. Don't wait up."

"Swimming, really?" I asked Green-Bean incredulously, giving him a slightly distasteful look.

He looked at me from behind his burger, shrugging innocently, "Problem?"

"The kid can't swim," I informed, gesturing towards Cj.

The small boy looked slightly shocked that I had figured this out, shaking his head, "What? I can swim!"

Green-Bean could tell too that that was a lie, and he sighed, "Hm, you're right."

Cj scoffed slightly, like he was upset we didn't believe him, even though we knew it was true. I mean, whenever the group would go out to swim or something, Cj wouldn't participate and make something up that was obviously faked. But Ben was oblivious, so he was unaware of his little brother's inability to swim, or float. I think I was the only one to really pick up on this fact before now, and it sort of caused me to mentally groan; I was beginning to notice minor things about Cj that I shouldn't have been.

"You could stay here if you want kid," I offered, only causing his face to frown, "We wouldn't want you drowning, now would we?"

"I already told you, I can swim," he said defiantly as he stood from his place, glaring in my direction, "And stop calling me a fucking kid."

I was taken a back for a moment, surprised that he had literally spat that last command at me with such force and then stomped off, shutting the bedroom door we were sharing behind himself.