4 - Over-Protective, much?

On the side there? Well that’s Daniel! xDDD

-staypunky

***

I emerged from the bathroom with a head floating on cloud nine and my zipper suggestively unzipped. Pulling it up, I snickered to myself as Erin came out from behind me, placing a drunken kiss on my cheek and following up with a wink before leaving me to go off and enjoy the rest of the party. We’ve only been together for about a week now but damn, that girl sure knows how to hook em’.

“There you are!” Ben loudly acknowledged, slinging an arm over my shoulder, his words slurring with alcohol.

“Here I am,” I laughed, helping to steady him, “What do you want?”

He looked immediately annoyed, “It’s almost midnight and my mom texted me saying she wants Celeb home soon.

I gave him a confused look.

“Cj!” He informed, “She wants Cj home.”

“Oh,” I realized, “Wait, but your dad’s name isn’t Celeb. Why does your brother go by Celeb junior?”

He looked like he had a sure answer for a moment before shrugging, “I have no fucking clue. But anyways, take him home.”

“Why can’t you come with me?”

“Because I’m enjoying to party, duh!” He laughed, pushing himself to stand on his own terms as he drank from his bottle, “Take him and then you can come back if you want.”

“And if I don’t?”

He shrugged, “I’ll catch a ride home with Green-Bean or somethin’, who the hell knows?”

And with that he was off down the hallway, yelling obnoxiously as he greeted other people and used their bodies as support for standing. I sighed, running a hand through my tired hair as I hopped down the stair case and pushed through the sweaty crowds of moving, laughing bodies, intoxicated and becoming incredibly frisky. Finally emerging from the black hole that was, a party, I came over to Cj who was still sitting on the first couch we had been on, looking lost and somewhat lonely. His eyes brightened when he saw me.

“C’mon, let’s go.”

“Where are we going?” He asked, standing up.

“On an adventure!” I sang to the tune of Dora the Explorer, laughing afterwards, “I’m kidding. Your mom wants you home.”

He groaned, pouting like a small dog, “But, I don’t want to leave.”

“Are you serious?” I chuckled, not believing that, “You look incredibly uncomfortable here, and you’re telling me you don’t want to leave?”

“Well, I want to leave, but not anymore since you’re here now,” he was quiet again.

I felt a slight bit of awkward tension in the air, but tried my hardest to dismiss it, “Yeah, okay. Doesn’t matter though; we’re leaving.”

He pouted but complied, following me back through the crowd of insanely wasted teens, dancing and touching each other. I wasn’t sure exactly why his parents would let him come with Ben and I to a party, but I guessed they thought we wouldn’t be attending one like this.

The night air was warm, like usual, and I looked over my shoulder to see that Cj was still close behind me and had made it through. I pulled my car keys from my back pocket and unlocked the doors as he climbed into the passenger seat, and I made myself comfortable behind the wheel. I started the truck up, pulling away from the curb as we hit the road.