6 - Coasters, Alcohol, and Girls

hey jessie! hey jessie!

yeh he's on the side c:

-staypunky

***

“Aren’t you too young to buy alcohol?” Cj asked as I pulled up to the liquor store, the sign over head glowing in the scant light of dusk.

I shrugged, “Duh. But what doesn’t kill you, makes you that much more intoxicated.”

Pushing the door open, I hopped out of my truck and slammed the door, going over to the other side as I opened Cj’s door, “Well, you comin’ or not?”

He looked nervous as he fiddled with his fingers, “I can’t go in there!”

“Cj, people take their five years olds into the store. As long as you aren’t the one buying anything, it doesn’t matter,” he wasn’t budging, “Or you can just stay here.”

“Um,” he looked like he was deciding between jumping off a cliff or getting hit by a truck, “I’ll….come?”

“Then let’s go,” I said as he hopped out of the truck, stumbling slightly from the impact.

It was kind of cute seeing that, but I quickly pushed it from my mind as he shut the door and followed me up to the store. We went inside, the walls stocked with cases of alcohol and other beverages to enhance them. There was hardly anyone in here, and the humming of the refrigerators gave the place an eerie vibe. I smiled at the cashier who was an older man. His expression was a strict poker face as he watched Cj and I walk towards the back. I bent down, scanning prices until I found what I was looking for and opened the glass door, grabbing a large bottle of Bacardi Select; it was a rum kind of a night. I turned towards Cj who looked terrified and then made my way towards the counter, setting it down.

The man looked at me, and then the boy somewhat shielding himself behind me, “I.D, please.”

I complied, digging around in my jacket for my wallet that had a giant red Anarchy sign painted onto it. I unbuttoned the flap and slid my “I.D” out of the compartment and onto the counter. The man examined it, looking from it to me multiple times with a somewhat skeptical look on his face before he typed away on the cash register, “That’ll be $16.99.”

I gave him the cash as he made change and carefully put the bottle in a plastic bag, handing it over to me, “Have a good night.”

Cj came next to me as we began to walk away, his face shocked by my fake I.D, “Whoa Kyler, where do I get one? And why did you make your age 25?”

Face palm.

“Hey! Wait a minute, you’re underage aren’t you?!”

“Run!” I whispered as Cj and I flew forward and out the doors, running at full speed to my truck.

I unlocked my side and climbed in, reaching over to his side and popping the lock up. The cashier was outside now too as he ran towards us, his face a blister of anger. He saw Cj and ran towards that side, ready to grab him as he climbed into the truck, but stopped.

“Oh no you don’t you little punks!” The man yelled, yanking on Cj’s ankle, “You aint goin’ nowhere until the cops get here!”

Lots of liquor stores had little buttons under their desks that they hit in case of an emergency, and I was certain he had hit it. I grabbed around Cj’s waist and pulled him as hard as I could as he kicked at the man until he was finally set free. I reached over and slammed the door, pushing the lock down and jammed the keys into the ignition, revving the engine before backing away quickly. I turned the wheel and sped off onto the road, leaving the store and the worker behind in a flurry of dust.