2 - Want To Kiss Me Again? I'm Confused.

The picture on the side is Bengy c: !!

***

I grunted as I rolled onto my back and rubbed at my eyes, before opening them to see that I was in my room. I was still in the clothes I had been in yesterday, and my shoes, and leaned my arm over, grabbing at my phone to see that it was 2 in the afternoon. Around 4am, I left Ben’s house and drove home, under the influence of course. I could’ve stayed the night, but if I had, I know I would’ve gotten crap from Karen and Cory; they don’t like it when I stay the night at other people’s homes for some reason.

Sitting up, I pulled my phone from the charger to see that I had text messages from Ben telling me to come over to hang out. It was Saturday, and according to routine, we were due to go to a random party tonight. I sighed, not enjoying Saturdays as much as I did Fridays, but that was just because partying wasn’t really my thing. Sure, I liked drinking and playing games and stuff like that, but only in a more enclosed setting with a couple of friends. Parties though, demanded that and your competence for being in a large crowd, looking good, and saying the right things.

I grabbed the corner edges of my shirt and pulled it over my head, freshening my armpits with deodorant and then shoved a My Chemical Romance shirt on. I did the same with my jeans, exchanging them out for a fresher pair, and then combed through my hair a little. I didn’t bother taking a shower because I’d just take one at Ben’s before it was time to go, like usual.

“Kyler, you up?!” Karen’s voice called from downstairs.

I have no clue how she could’ve known I was up, but I guess it was her ‘motherly instinct’ or some crap like that, although I hardly considered her my mother.

“Yeah,” I announced as I came down the steps, running a hand through my hair, “I’m up.”

She stopped at the entrance into the kitchen, blocking my path with a look on her face and a hand on her hip, “I see that now. Do you have any idea what time it is?”

“Yeah, like two.”

“Exactly. And how long did I tell you that you should be sleeping until before getting up?”

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide how bitter I was, “10.”

She nodded, squeezing her lips together, “You want to explain why you came in at 4 in the morning?”

“Not really,” I dismissed, pushing past her and into the kitchen, grabbing a box of cereal from the top of the fridge.

She followed me, like expected, her dark hair tied back in a ponytail, “Kyler you can’t just come into my house whenever you feel like.”

“Well that’s what I’ve been doing for the past 4 years now, and maybe I wouldn’t have to if you would just let me stay the night over Ben’s.”

“You know that’s not going to happen. And you want to know why?”

I stuck my hand into the cereal box and stuffed my mouth with Cocoa Pebbles, “Because you’re a controlling dictator who’s always right and knows everything that there is to know about anything ever?”

“I can do without the attitude and the sarcasm, thank you,” she spat, obviously frustrated.

I shrugged at her, leaving the kitchen, “Good, I’ll just stay out of your hair then.”

“Kyler, I’m not done speaking with you.”

“Lucky me.”

“Hey, stop being an asshole to her,” Cory interrupted, coming down the stairs, his face serious.