27 - Unzip Me

yo yo yo, last chapter!!!

Thanks so much to all you cool cats who read and enjoyed, voted and commented. Really, you all are invited to my slumber party. Pillow fights and movies. Spin the bottle and Janga. Pizza and weed. Hella.

There will NOT be a sequal, nor epilogue. Just sorta decided for yourself what must've happened after this.

Love you all, ♥

-staypunky

***

The remainder of high school was as it had been my freshman and sophmore year; just okay. I didn't have as much to do since I had all of my credits except for a few classes and because of that, I could relax. I hung out with Ben and the guys during school, like usual. I even made a few new friends with some of the lower classmen. Our group went back to it's traditional routine of partying or making a mess of things after the school day, and it was exactly as it had been except now, Cj didn't tag along. It was nostalgic really, not having him around anymore but it was the worst case of nostalgia. I'd see him on occassion walking down the halls or in the cafeteria, and then obviously at his house but he'd never speak to me and I'd pretend I hadn't noticed. It really was like old times now...

Graduation came and went. I was excited to be done with highschool, yes, but then again I wasn't. On the up side, I'd finally be free of Karen and get on with my own life. On the downside, I'd have to figure out exactly how to get on with my own life. Relief came when Jamie and Dale insisted I go to college and they offered to pay for the first four years. I was hesitant, not wanting them to waste their money on me but Ben had gotten a football scholarship and they assured they would love to help me out financially. I had to take out multiple loans though and I was sure I'd be in debt till I was 40, but that didn't really matter right now. I was off to college with Ben as my roomate and my life was finally going somewhere.

The first year as a freshman in college was actually pretty nice. I had decided to major in Criminal Law, seeing as the only interest I've had in a job came to me while in the backseat of a police car. The course was hard, but fufilling and I met a lot of cool people. Ben and I attended dorm parties and joined clubs, although I'd try to get out of them. I just wasn't really a people person.

Or maybe I just missed the only person I'd consider my accidental love. Okay, love is a tricky word to use here because I was still on the fence, but I was otherwise convinced that I was madly in love with Cj. I couldn't go long without thinking about him or the memories we shared, how his large eyes did things to me. I resented myself for being so pathetic in the way I had ruined our relationship but Ben and the guys tried to assure me that it wasn't my fault; some guys just can't come out of the closet, and apparently, I was one of those guys.

It was break now and Ben and I were on our way back to his place to stay for a couple weeks. Our bags were packed and our minds were wiped out from school work and tests, yet we were glad to be home. It had been two years since Cj and I split and I wondered what the atmosphere between us would be like. I had a feeling it'd be weird, like how it was before that dreaded game of 'Never Have I Ever' yet, I hoped it wouldn't. I really wanted to see him again. I wanted to hear his laugh and make him smile as brightly as I had when I had asked him to be my boyfriend yet I wasn't sure I'd be able to. It was worth a try though.

"Benjamin! Kyler!" Jamie greeted brightly as we walked through the front door, suitcases in hand, "Welcome home boys!"

"Dearest mother!" Ben joked, bracing himself for his mom's deathly tight hug.

I watched in amusement of his struggles just as Dale exited the kitchen, a warm smile on his face when he saw me, "How ya doing Kyler?"

"I'm doing okay," I smiled, hugging him when he made the move to and he pulled back, holding me at arms length.