chapter eight

"is everybody fired up for LJ and the phantoms?" flynn spoke to the crowd from the DJ booth, making both lily and julie look at eachother.

when everybody started cheering, flynn spoke again. "great! keep that fire because that's later. we're a bit behind schedule but don't worry, just enjoy these mind blowing beats." she spoke as she turned the music back up.

she looked over at the girls back stage and walked over to them, seeing the confused smiles that both the girls wore.

"LJ and the phantoms?" julie spoke, resting her arm on lily's shoulder.

flynn shrugged her shoulders. "i had some free time during french class. i wanted to put 'jily' and combine your names but that just reminded me of harry potter, so i went with LJ instead. and you both better like it because i registered it on insta, snapchat, twitter..."

"flynn! we love it." lily spoke loudly with a smile on her face, speaking for both her and julie.

"yeah. we love it, but we'd love it even more if the actual phantoms were here." julie spoke, making lily nod her head.

flynn went to reply, but she looked behind the girls and saw nick. she pointed at him and then grabbed lily's hand and dragged her away with her. "woah, flynn!"

"sorry!" flynn whispered when both girls were on stage, behind the DJ booth. "i just really want the two of them to talk. julie has had a crush on him for forever, and i'm pretty sure he likes her back as well, even though he is with carrie."

after a couple of minutes, lily turned towards julie to see how they were getting on, and she saw her look down at her phone with a frown, nick no where in sight.

she left flynn on stage as she began hyping up the crowd again and walked over to julie and put her arm over her shoulder.

"it's 9:15. they're late. where are they?" julie mumbled sadly.

"i have no idea jules. i wish i did." lily said back as she rubbed her hand up and down julie's arm, seeing how upset she was. julie just sighed and rested her head on lily's shoulders, gladly accepting the comfort she was giving.

"come on, i brought some snacks and water. let's go have some so that we don't perform later on an empty stomach." lily said, making julie smile slightly as they walked over to where lily left her bag earlier.

🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤

"i can only stall for so long. it's 11 o' clock." flynn said as she came backstage, making lily and julie look up at her. they were both sat down on the floor, cuddled into eachother. julie had her head resting on lily's shoulder and lily was running her fingers through the girls hair in comfort.

"i think you two should just play by yourselves. i mean, holograms or no holograms, you'll both be amazing."

julie moved her head from lily's shoulder and sat up next to her. "you saw me the other day, i can't play without them. they'll be here, they have to."

lily just sighed. she really didn't think the boys were going to show up as they weren't usually late. she was worried that something had happened to them, i mean, even though they're dead, they're still teenage boys. what kind of trouble could they be getting themselves into?

she pushed all her thoughts to the back of her head and went back to comforting julie, but looked up when someone came up to them and sat in front of the girls.

"issues?" nick said.

"always. the machine won't work." julie said, smiling slightly at him.

nick picked up the hologram machine, hoping to try and find the problem when julie put her hands on it. "you don't have to." she said, hoping that he wouldn't look at it.