Chapter Nine: It Begins

Lanyle got out of the car and headed into the hotel. "Well, it's not like today can get any busier," he thought to himself.

"They're in room five B," Sareen said as she came out of the front.

"Nice. Guess we can pay these fools a visit," Lanyle said, feeling like they would be expected.

The three walked toward the hotel and into the lobby. A voice came from down the hall. "So our guestimation was right," a man with a green beard and bald head said as he came toward the siblings.

"Mr. Deathlin, I presume?" Lanyle said as he mentally readies for anything.

Well, they said your mom was a detective. I guess I can't complain that you found us so quickly, but I still have to do my duties and deliver a warning." Deathlin immediately pulled out a gun, pointed it up, and fires. "Consider yourself warned. If you don't hand over the keys to the abyss by tomorrow sundown, I'm afraid that we of the Assassin's guild will have to kill you, and anyone who gets in the way, Mr. Deathlin finished his warning.

"Sorry, but I need the keys myself. And for your information you and your sister better hand them over, or you can consider it a snow day," Lanyle stated in a forceful tone of voice.

"Well, couldn't of guessed you'd go this route, but none the less," Mr. Deathlin pushed a button on his sleeve.

Suddenly the area was surrounded by men in black and red uniforms with rocket launchers.

"Quite a skill for negotiation you have there, Mr. Deathlin. I think I'll have to decline your offer."

As Lanyle said this, a frozen wall of water forms between him and the Assassin's guild members. "Torchette you take care of the men with the rocket launchers, Sareen you find the other two keys. The rest is up to me.:" Lanyle said, quickly followed by a rocket blasting pieces of ice wall away.

As Sareen and Torchette took off, Lanyle summoned another ice wall, but this time to attack. The ice wall exploded due to internal pressures, as it launched ice right at Mr. Deathlin. Who jumped back a few spaces avoiding the frozen barrage. "Torchette seemed to be handling the enemies with the rocket launchers pretty well, especially since she could just make the rocket explode due to excess heat," Lanyle thought to himself. Lanyle summoned ice spheres that fall from the air right at Mr. Deathlin. Mr. Deathlin got a rocket launcher out of his luggage, but a sudden wind knocks it away. "Guess It's time for plan B," he said, running away toward the room.

Chapter Nine Part B

Sareen had reached room five B and had kicked the door in. Inside was a girl with long green hair, holding a gun. She fired. Hitting Sareen right in the teeth. Two more shots hit her square in the four head. Owwww. Don't you know that kind of thing hurts. Miss Deathlin quickly grabbed the laser cannon. The energy blast hitting her right arm disentangling the right part of the jacket she was wearing. Her arm had three rotating warning signal lights.

"What the heck.?" Mrs. Deathlin exclaimed.

"They do call me Sareen. Don't you think it makes sense?. By the way, I wouldn't stand there if I were you," Sareen bragged as the lights on her arm start to spin and flash. As this happened Sareen started to vibrate and shook the floor.

"Going down," She said playfully, as the floor fell apart and Miss Deathlin fell through.

"A bit of overkill, Sareen. Maybe next time you should try just shaking her toys apart. That way you wouldn't have to look through the rubble for what you was looking for," Sareen told herself.