Chapter Twelve: The Finer Details

Stage Two Act Two: Truly Hell

Torchette was no fool. She may need meds to keep her from melting things just for the fun of it or making people unconformable by telling them that she is the supreme one who had they just thanked for the creation of the cosmos. She would bless them many times with whatever her large supply of money would allow and why not. It was just so many years ago that the man gave her a special magic spell she could use to conquer not only her fears but anything if she just said it. It went a little like.

"Iay may maay odgay foay."

She knew what it meant, but she knew not why she had such greatness.

Whatever she was, she was confused. She stood looking at someone who claimed to be a Fate. Not only that, but he was claiming she was one of the people who helped end the universe. God wouldn't let something like that stand untested.

"What do you mean I indirectly just unleashed something terrible onto this universe?" Lanyle was frustrated by the claim Mr. Dusk was making.

He had sought after the keys to the abyss and finally gotten his wish. When just after the fate of plight disappeared, a stranger appeared at his door telling him he had just unleashed something that might destroy the universe. This was shaping up to be a bad week for people to annoy Lanyle.

"All this time and the one I was looking for you." Mr. Dusk said.

Lanyle looks confused. "Does this have anything to do with Ms. Plight? Because if she wants to make another deal, then I'll have to negotiate this time instead of being blindsided like she did in the first place." Lanyle said as Mr. Dusk cringed at the sound of that name.

"Let's do ourselves a favor, and we will both start from the beginning of our story. This way we can get an idea of what is going on." Mr. Dusk said as he waited for Lanyle to explain.

Lanyle told the story of the last few days and how Plight had given him a wish because all he had to do is give her keys to the abyss and it would be granted.

"Why me?" Mr. Dusk said.

"What is Skalesha alright or what?" Lanyle asked as he got frustrated.

"Sorry, but I have no clue. The truth is the person that granted your wish is very unpredictable and doesn't have a conscience about ninety percent of the time."

Lanyle and his sisters looked confused.

"Long story short, that person was just pretending to be a fate. The truth is she is something more annoying than that." Mr. Dusk said as he got a serious look on his face.

"Like what?" Sareen weighed in.

"She is what I like to call an Anti-fate. Her real name is Deplight, and she is bad trouble."

Lanyle looked right at Mr. Dusk and then got even more frustrated.

"So you mean to tell me she isn't a fate?" Lanyle said, confused and getting angry.

"When I find her, I'm going to give her something to collect, and by that I mean her teeth." Lanyle said, heading toward the door.

"Hold up, you will not find her that way. She's probably opened the abyss by now and is celebrating." Mr. Dusk said.

"So I can't do anything? She might have cheated me." Lanyle said.

"Well, don't I know if you will get your wish, but you can help me undo the bad you have done." Mr. Dusk said, looking right at Lanyle.

"That and just for helping and the heck of it. I'll let you have your wish. Just to be fair." Mr. Dusk said as Lanyle looked right him.

"You better not be yanking my chain or you'll be the one collecting teeth." Lanyle said as Mr. Dusk rolled his eyes.