Chapter Thirteen Challenging the Storm

As everybody boarded one ship or another, they find themselves feeling a bit eerie about the other side of the door.

"You guys about ready to head to the ruins?" Mr. Dusk said. As he is ready, he looked at the three people that were a part of his group.

Zen looked worried, as he had never piloted such a weird ship before. "It's must be very interesting. I never dealt with a ship such as this," he said.

"It's an old ship, it has some ability to deal with limited amounts of antimatter," Mr. Dusk said as he helped Sareen in. "It has fields that not only let us breathe, but they are made neither of matter nor antimatter. They will do the trick."

"So we are going to the shrine that floats, so why is it so protected from all the antimatter? You'd think it would end up like most the other matter in there," Sareen pointed out, as for once Zen was stumped.

"It is in the middle of a permanent antimatter storm. It is at the heart. Think of the eye of a tornado," Mr. Dusk said.

Zen hits a button that is labeled 'radio'. "You guys ready on the other ship?" He asked.

"Yes. We are ready, but just one question. How will we find this place? There are no landmarks," Lanyle said. "Use the energy reader. It should give you the general location of things in this void," Mr. Dusk said, as Zen walked to see if there are any supplies.

"What do you mean general location?" Lanyle asked.

"Well, since we are dealing with the differences in matter, it only can get you close. You'll just have to wing it," Mr. Dusk said as Lanyle's ship started to move forward.

"Well, there goes my sibling. I hope they have a plan if they run into the Abyssinian. Well, if that is possible,"Sareen said as Zen takes the pilot's seat.

"I don't think they can plan for such a scenario, but luckily I can teleport between the two ships, so I can help if they need anything," Mr. Dusk said as Zen turned on the engines.

As the two ships cross the threshold, black smoke swirled in all directions. It's as if red and black sand flowed like water as the antimatter was a raging river that could sweep existence away in its fury. The ships separate and start heading in different directions.

"It's getting a little toastier in here," Zen said as he turned on the air conditioner.

"This is nothing compared to what my sister can put out. She is one person who can make atmosphere explode," Sareen said as she looked out onto the flow.

"Don't underestimate this place. It's is a lot hotter outside the ship than it is inside, but not from heat. It's just the power of hell working itself on you."

"Wow, there are some creatures coming towards you guys," Lanyle announced over the radio. As he said this, whale like noises come from the antimatter.

"Look, there are creatures that appear to be swimming the stream," Zen said.

"Of course, they are made of the same stuff the stream is made of."

Zen looked impressed as he steers the ship towards what looked like a storm, and looked in the middle. Sareen pointed out two islands peacefully existing as they float in mid air.

"Well, I think we've arrived at our destination," Mr. Dusk said as Zen heads towards the island on the left.

"You guys see that?" Sareen pointed out, as there seemed to be something else in the stream. "Well is it just me or are there a lot more of those creatures closing in?"