Chapter Six The Family

Stage Two Act One: Truly Time

Life is too important to waste over trivial things. A good extra ten minutes staring at the back of your eyelids can mean the next day will be more than great. That's what the thirty-year-old, brown haired, green eyed man thought to himself as he finally got up two hours after the alarmsounded. To tell you the truth, laziness can be its own virtue if one were to consider that overwork was a sin, a note affixed on the mirror reminded him. This was the new motto of the now-retired arena warrior. He started toward the kitchen, but veered to the left and headed straight to the shower. Once he reached the bathroom he turned on the water.

"So, you're him," came a voice from behind.

Half surprised he jumped into the shower and banged his head. Lanyle Foldstrom swung around and hit a mysterious blond-haired man square in the face. He reeled back several inches.

"Hold up, hold up. I got something important to talk about with you." The man held up his hands in an attempt to shield himself from Lanyle's fist.

"Look, I'm not the person you think I am," Lanyle insisted. "So go away."

The man lowered his arms and took a second to breathe. "Sorry, I'm just curious why she's interested in you."

Lanyle grabbed the man by the collar and spat, "You'd better talk fast, because if you don't have anything important to say, then by the fates you will regret coming into my house."

"Sorry, but I'm trying to warn you about someone," he offered.

"Keep talking."

"She is going to visit you and she will put you in peril."

"Let me get this straight. You're saying there's someone going to attack me? Man. Next time just call the crusaders." Lanyle said, then halted mid-sentence to think and then continues. Now you bug me again, I will call them.

"Never mind! Just get out," he hissed with a sigh of relief.

"Sorry, but she's not going to attack you, she's going to request your services,"

As Lanyle was getting tired of the guy he spat. "Look, I'm retired. What could she ask me to do that would even interest me?"

"I don't know, but she's going to offer what you truly want,"

"What could she offer me that I would want?"

"Look, that's all I know."

"Then get out." Lanyle pushed the man back.

"Okay! Just do one favor for me. Just tell her no. That's all you have to do."

As he said this, Lanyle brought the hard-to-move man to the door.

"Man, you're heavy."

He was now out of breath, but he opened the door.

"Just remember, avoid her. By the way, her name is Plight Dusk and mine is Absiday," he said, just as Lanyle prepared to let him have it."Don't worry. I'll show myself out thank you."

As he walked out and closed the door, he hit himself with it."Geez, this is not my decade."

Lanyle walked back into his bedroom and changed from his night clothes into a blue and a white sports jersey with two zeroes on the back.

"Let's just skip taking a shower today. I don't sweat anyway."

The day seemed bright and warm with sunshine. It made the day deceptively happy. He hopped onto a hover bike and drove for two hours. It seemed one of his energy cylinders was out on his bike. He made a mental note of this to himself. Coming off the expressway, he drove up to the Fates Quire Church of Time.