Chapter Eighteen: New As Fates

"The view was amazing," Atresha thought to herself.

It was the top of everything that was and she could ever imagine. Plus, some things she never could. She felt good about her place in the universe she had created. And to think, it only took her a month to decide everything. Though it didn't seem fitting what she had become. She knew that Fates where named after their nature, but to Atresha becoming the fate of peace was just a bit weird.

"Finding everything okay, my dear?" Darshnel said as he entered the room with Rayne.

"Yeah, oddly enough," She said. "It just feels like there is something missing."

Rayne looked at Darshnel who shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I think I can understand. You still like to battle, but think of it this way. You are in your exact job you had before, but you got more than a promotion. Though I think it is still hot in hell," Trina said as she entered the room. Atresha smiled and got up from her perch.

"Yeah, I guess," Atresha said as she handed something to Rayne.

"Well, since Truth is off duty for a while, why don't you go get the others, and we can celebrate like it's going out of style," Atresha said, then walked up between Darshnel and Rayne.

Rayne bowed and then disappears from the outdoor room. As he does so, Trina looked at Atresha and then at Darshnel and then back.

"No way," Trina said after realizing what their glances have been meaning.

"I didn't think you two hit it off that well," she said.

Darshnel started laughing, "They don't call me the new Fate of Fun and Danger for nothing, and trust me, marrying your sister will bring me plenty of those."

So let me get this straight, you're a fate, too?" Trina said, pointed at Darshnel.

"I thought you heard, we all have become fates of some kind."

Trina said, "I knew some of us had, but I didn't know that we all had. Well, since I have become the fate of strategy, you'd think I'd be more noticing of things like that."

As the three share their moment the sky of Atresha's new demotion turned white.

Atresha thought, "I guess this is what it feels like to be one of the fates."

Chapter Eighteen part B

Lucky sat over its new creation as if it had been a masterpiece. It seemed to take a while for this creature to realize it had been being watched.

"You're finally awake," Rayne said, entering the room.

"Well, not that you're interested, but no, I didn't sleep last night. I was too busy creating whatever popped into my head. I am really into this. Not that I can create anything, of course, but it is such a joy being the creator instead of the other way around," it said.

"Well, that is something Truth once told me, but he never took it as far as you did," Rayne said, as he looked around at the strange things surrounding them.

"Let's just say as the fate of life's meaning, I seem to find myself involved in my work," Lucky said as Rayne hands it an invitation to Atresha's party.

"Thanks. Also, Thadass is on the back lawn. She said something about meeting up with her sister," Lucky said as Rayne left the room and walks towards a door.

At the end of the hallway was an outdoor boxing ring, and as Rayne exits, Thadass threw the last punch to what looked like the fate of demise. The fate fell and got knocked back onto the mat.