Ch-1 So which of the Blessings of your Lord would you deny?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.'

                                                                   - Aameen.

In His (SWT)'s Love...

Dedicated to my dear reader, for the unwavering patience and the most beautiful support –am as always, deeply grateful...Jazak Allaahu Khairan Katheera!

Chapter One  

So which of the Blessings of your Lord would you deny?

Chennai – Kerala

It was night and at first sight, the Chennai Central Railway Station with its loud blare and glare appeared a perfect bedlam to a stranger's gaze.

Inside the station, weaving through the swarm of passengers, one's ears soon became adjusted to the repeated recorded announcements from the speakers overhead while the eyes distinguished the different aspects such as the various stalls amidst the crowded platforms in perfect contrast to the vendors screeching hoarse their interesting wares, while uniformed porters shouted colourful oaths heaving luggage and depositing them on trolleys before pushing them in haste.

After escaping from the detaining security, distracted passengers finally hurried towards their departing trains, only to unsuccessfully tangle themselves to their clinging and hugging relatives...  Inside the Sleeper Coach of the departing train to Kerala, the deafening din of the platforms was considerably muted in harmony to the lights that were subduedly lit along the compartment.

The tall handsome man dressed in a pristine white Jhubba and sporting a beautiful dark beard paused and raised his brows at the person seated beneath the number 56.

The seated man who had been gazing abstractedly at the passenger in the opposite seat looked up and asked abruptly, "Your seat?"

Syed Saifullah nodded with a sympathetic twinkle and waited until the unreserved person had picked up his belongings and moved further inside the coach, in search of other lucky unoccupied seats.

The passenger in the opposite seat, a thin middle-aged man shook his head and looked mildly disgusted, as if he could not imagine how people travelled without prior reservation in reserved compartments.

Pushing his large bag underneath the long seat, Saif sat down and texted Abdullah, then Saira saying that he was comfortably seated and the train would be departing in another ten minutes.

Keeping aside his phone, he leaned back and removed the Topi from his head, then ran his hand through his hair in an unconscious gesture as he silently began reciting the Duas.

His gaze fell upon the passenger lying stretched on the berth above the thin man, and Saif was shocked for a moment to encounter a pair of hostile black eyes, belonging to a wizened looking old man.

Saif mentally shook himself and turned away his gaze, calmly continuing with his recitation of Duas. If you followed the style of Prophet Muhammad SAW in your dress and appearance, it was no surprise that often shaitaan will make you encounter even complete strangers as your enemies.