Ch-3 Mainay Arabi say Ishq kiya

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.'

                                                                    - Aameen.

Dedicated to my dear brother, with sincerest Duas –indeed it's Allaah SWT Who guides, may He protect us and keep our hearts firm in His path! Aameen Summa Aameen. I have never said this aloud, but I do love you, you know ;)

Chapter Three

Mainay Arabi say Ishq kiya 

Chennai, India

The weekly Ta'leem being over, the women's Salaam and smiles spread from to another and enveloped them all like a cosy blanket of blessings as they drifted outside the home of Abdullah, hurrying towards their own homes while being conscious of the deep beatific voice of a muadhdhin resounding the 'Asr adhaan in the gathering dusk.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come to your wedding," Halima, Humaira's revert friend gave a little rueful smile as they stood chatting near the front door.

Humaira smiled back warmly, assuring that it was all right.

"I wanted to, but things at home –" Halima drew a weary breath making a vague gesture, "All these days Appa knew that I and Anna (elder brother) practiced Islam but he pretended not to see, it was only last week that Amma finally came to know about it and... and she was furious, she's refusing to speak to us, even to Anna..."

Humaira pressed the girl's thin hand as Halima blinked and stared, her eyes looking at the past scenes of her home – her Amma shouting that her own children had betrayed, her Appa standing motionless... Anna trying to speak to Amma...

"Will you do Dua for us Humair?" Halima looked into the pure brown depths that gazed at her affectionately. As Humaira nodded, she added quietly, "Do Dua for my marriage to a good man, so that I could at least offer Salah without being afraid that someone would come and stop me..."

Arranging her dupatta firmly around her head Halima left after exchanging Salaams, her fair sensitive face suddenly breaking into a smile as she turned to look back at Humaira, her hand slightly raised in parting while she murmured in a sudden rush of peace, "Alhamdulillaah 'ala kulli haal!"

Even though she had to go home now and face a mother who seemed to hate her and a father who remained stiff and noncommittal.

Halima knew she was not alone, that the King of all the worlds Himself was with her –protecting, guiding, helping albeit slowly (or so it looked sometimes) but surely and definitely towards eternal success!

Ah for a meeting with Him SWT, to be dearly blessed as to look at His Most Beautiful Face on the Last Day, and ah to speak with Him! – the tears gathered in her eyes as Halima stole a glance towards the heavens and she knew in the throbbing beats of her heart, that she would endure this and everything else with patience, for His sake... like how her friend Humaira had taught her to say sometimes, for you O Allaah, anything (I'll sacrifice)!

"Can I take off them now dear?" Kadhija inquired, peeling off a cucumber slice from her eye.