Ch-8 The worst kind of missing... (Part 1.1)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendants and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

Dedicated to Lolyta93120, didn't forget your delightful 300+ comments on IYL. Jazak Allaahu khairan katheera for such awesome support! I read them all y'know ;)

Chapter Eight

The worst kind of missing... (Part 1.1)

Chennai, India

"Assalamu Alaikum Saif. This is Ahmed speaking."

"Ahmed my man!" Just hearing Saif's joyous reply brought a grin on Ahmed's face. "What's up? How come this sudden remembrance? Missed me huh?"

"Don't be silly Saifullaah."

Saif laughed. Ya Allaah, it was good to hear Ahmed's voice and his usual dry response after so many days.

"Listen, I'm at the Chennai Markaz now," Ahmed elaborated, "we came back to Nizamuddeen yesterday. Reached Chennai today Alhamdulillah. Tell me your home address, I called Uncle - your Dad, it's not reachable or something. Misbah's line is busy for the past fifteen minutes."

"It must surely be my dear twin boring him with some long instructions or complaints," Saif tsked, sympathizing with his friend in the imaginary scene.

Ahmed smiled, with Saif continuing, "Called Humaira huh?"

"No," he replied softly. "I want to give her a surprise. I'm not expected until tomorrow."

"Is it?" Saif grinned. He liked to surprise his family too. "Alright, here's the address," he paused for a few seconds, the gears in his mind whirring, searching for pranks ready to pop.

"But Ahmed wait, I think I have a better plan."

Sharing his sudden mischievous idea, he was pleased to know that the stiff and proud Ahmed heartily agreed with it.

That evening Abdullah came home earlier than usual and taking Kadhija aside, informed her about Ahmed's arrival who had finally managed to connect with him. Besides, a grinning Saif had already contacted his father imparting their plan.

"Then I'll tell Humair child..." Kadhija turned towards the kitchen to call her youngest daughter.

"No!"

"What?" she stared, looking bemused at her husband, who with a twinkle in his bright eyes explained to her about Ahmed's wish and Saif's plan. It was such a silly one, yet excitement bubbled in the air at the mention of it. Humaira was still a bride, and Ahmed her lover... so as they, all the world loves a lover.

"This Saif...!" She laughed and her husband joined her. "But Saira must know,"

Abdullah nodded, chuckling.

Sometime later Saira found Humaira in Saif's room gazing unseeingly outside the large window while seated amidst the middle of various books, her hand resting on the page of one that was spread open on her lap.