Saif & Maryam (sneak peek)

In the Name of Allaah the Most Forbearing the Most Loving

Beautiful Peace and Cherished blessings of Allaah SWT be upon His beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW, his blessed descendants and noble companions.
- Aameen

Dedicated to the wonderful fans of Saif and Maryam, this is for your Sabrun Jameel :)

Warning: This is not a chapter but just some scenes that would occur much much later in this book. As I really do not know whether IHL would ever become complete (do keep it in your Duas in shaa Allaah :)), I wanted to at least share this with y'all dear people. Jazak Allaahu Firdausul 'Ala!

Now that they were ready in their elegant attire, the group of men sauntered out of the room to meet their friend, the bridegroom.

Boisterous laughter surrounded them as they all commented or joked about the groom, their thoughts inevitably linked with the impending marriage;

When they turned around the corner, someone in a vast hurry bumped quite forcibly into a tall amamah clad man of the group.

"Oh sh**! I'm so sorry!" exclaimed the young man, looking with dismay at the spectacular mess he had made.

He swore again, mentally gearing up to receive the angry outburst that he deserved. It never came. Instead,

"Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon!" Saif said, his brows scrunching in a displeased frown.

He eyed his immaculate white jhubba, now adorned with a trailing blob of bagara baingan.

Saif's friends surrounded him, laughing at the disaster yet concerned too.

"Look man, I'm really sorry..." Abdul, the youngster of the mishap began again.

They all looked at Saif, who took a deep breath and felt his anger melting away.

"It's okay. Guess I'll manage," his lips finally curved into the usual teasing smile.

Abdul readily smiled back, his racing heart slowing to normal beats.

Someone joked nudging the youngster,

"Hey Abdul, if you don't like the dish, you should avoid it, not go dumping upon people...!"

"Thanks. I'll remember it next time!" With a grin and wave of the now empty bowl, Abdul turned to leave.

"And oh Abdul..." Saif called, trying to stop the spreading stain with his kerchief. It only became messy and oily.

"Yeah?"

Saif looked up from his jhubba.

"Do watch what you say," he smiled gently, as were his following words. "We're Muslims, and a believer refrains from using foul language."

Abdul stared, and then remembered his choice swearing. With a brief nod, he left.

"Ya Allaah guys, stop looking like that! I must wash this before changing. I don't think the stain would go easily. Show me some bathroom please," Saif muttered, looking forlornly at his attire.

"Yea do that Saifullaah. Or better yet, just take a bath, for you're going to smell of bagara baigan the whole night!"

Saif glared but couldn't put an end to his friends' teasing until they finally found an empty bathroom in the house teeming with guests.

A bevy of giggling, chattering girls swept by in the corridor, their long heavy dresses trailing behind them.

Each looked pretty in her colourful gorgeous lehenga and stylish hairstyle, but the prettiest of them wore a simple lacha - whose burgundy colour was a contrast to her fair skin and a long golden Hijab completely hid her beautiful auburn hair, not revealing to the onlooker the intricate hairstyle that was done on it.