14- Meet and Greet (Part 1)

Collin's POV

Terra and I were at her house, in her living room, watching a marathon of movies. She paused it to go and fetch us some more popcorn.

"You know, I actually like this movie. And that's saying a lot," She said.

"Oh yeah? You're not fond of rom coms?" I asked.

She smiled. "Well, I mean, yeah, I am," She giggled. "But after awhile, and long stream of movies later, they start to get so cliche and stupid. Now, they're kinda not my cup of tea." She handed me the bowl and sat back down, cuddling at my side.

I put my arm around her shoulder. "Wow, a girl who rarely likes rom coms. I think I might like this. . ."

She laughed. "Oh, shut up and play the film."

After we finished the movie, we headed to the kitchen. "I know we ate popcorn but it didn't fill me. I'm hungry. Do you want anything? I think we still have some leftover pasta." She said.

I smiled. "Sure. I'm up for eating." I knew this was my only chance. I had to tell her what was on my mind. "Hey, T, we've been dating for three months now. . ."

"Uh-huh," She put the plate she was about to wash down and faced me.

"And I was just wondering if... if you would like to finally meet my parents?" Honestly, I was worried to ask her for the whole day. I didn't want to scare her and I knew this was a big step for her... for us.

"Okay."

I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't hear her correctly. "I know it's a big step forwa-- Wait what?"

"Yes, I would love to meet your parents. I mean, we've been dating for awhile and you've met my mom already, even before my birth so I think it's only fair."

I stood up from my seat at the counter, closed the distance between us and smiled. "Do you really mean that, T? Or are you just saying that for my benefit?"

She chuckled. "No, babe, I seriously meant what I said. When can I meet them?"

"Hmm, how about tomorrow night, say... 7 o'clock?"

"Sounds like a plan."

I gazed down at her. I'm very lucky to have her as a mate. "I love you, you know that?"

"I do indeed, Mr. Mitchell," She kissed me. "And I love you." I smiled, bent my head down and captured her lips in mine. It would have been a full-blown passionate kiss, if it wasn't for a voice that stopped us.

"Hey, you crazy kids, control yourselves now. I don't want to be a grandmother just yet."

We pulled away. "Mom!" Terra exclaimed.

She chuckled. "What? It's true. You two look happier than usual. Did I miss something?"

"I just asked Terra to meet my parents and she said yes. Hey, Marie, why don't you join us? My parents have been saying how they've been wanting you over for months now. It's been long overdue."

"Oh, no. I don't want to intrude."

"Nonsense, mom. That's actually a good idea. Join us." Terra said.

"Yeah, it can be a big family get-together." I added.

"Oh, alright. I guess it wouldn't hurt to drop by and see your parents again. When is it?"

"Tomorrow night at 7?" I responded.

"I have work until then. But I will come by as soon as I'm done." She said.