C H A P T E R 3

We all gathered around Tibbles trying to wake him up. "Nah Fulton, I think you killed him," I remarked.

"Hey! It was an accident." He defended.

Thankfully He didn't kill him as Tibbles opened his eyes when Bombay put a strong scent on his nose.

"Oh, Mr. Tibbles are you alright?" The woman he was talking to before he got hit asked him.

"Oh uh, I'll have the cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake, please." He replied and the woman smiled.

"I think he'll be okay. We'll keep an eye on him." She said before standing up. "Oh, I'm sorry, he didn't have a chance to introduce us. I'm Michele MacKay, their tutor."

"Hi, I'm Coach Bombay, their coach." He introduced before Banks, and I interjected.

"Who said we need a tutor?" We simultaneously said with a scrunch on our faces which was weird, and they all agreed.

"I don't need no school." Said Dean who was standing beside Mendoza.

"Now, miss MacKay, we're America's team here. Shouldn't we just be concentrating on hockey? May I suggest optional attendance?" Goldberg wrapped his arms around MacKay as he tries to convince her. We all agreed on Goldberg's suggestions.

"Well, that's not a bad idea," MacKay answered with a nod. 

"Call me Goldberg."

"Goldberg. Yes. The school will be optional." We all cheered, thinking Goldberg convinced her.

"However, however, should you not attend, you will not be eligible to play." She emphasizes each word, and we all complained.

As I was leaving the ice rink, Fulton, Guy, and Jesse called me and dragged me to where the ice resurfaced.

"Um, what are we going to do about it?" I asked but they ignored me and went to sit on it. I pursed my lips before following them.

"So which button are we gonna push?" Guys said as we looked at the buttons. "How about this?" I said before pushing the red button and the ice resurfacing suddenly started moving.

Vulgar words left my mouth as I panicked while the three boys were randomly pushing the buttons to stop the ice resurfacing from moving.

And then we felt the ice resurfacing crash against the boards.

We all stood up looking at each other as shock plastered across our faces. "Oh my gosh. That was awesome, are you okay?" Guy asked before we four exchanged high fives while laughing in amazement.

We stopped laughing as we noticed Coach and MacKay were looking at us. "She did it." The three boys simultaneously said while pointing at me. 

"Hey! You three brought me into this!" I defended. Coach and MacKay only shooked their heads.

****

We all complained as Coach decided to tie us all up together. 

"I hate this," I muttered as I was squished tightly against Banks.

I scrunched my face as I smelled something disgusting. "Goldberg!" We all exclaimed. "It wasn't me," Goldberg replied. 

"No, it was me!" Dean proudly said it, putting his hands up. "I can't breathe." I sighed before the whistle blew off.

"I don't know how to make this any clearer. You are a team. And to win this thing, you have to work as one. Now as one, skate." Bombay ordered, we started skating oppositely and ended up falling on the ice together.

Banks fell on top of me, both of his arms supporting each side of my head, as he tries not to completely fall on me. "Get off me!" I shouted trying to push him off of me, but he can't get up as the others fell on top of him.

"Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls. Now get up and try it again."

We all finally stood up again but were still tied. "All right, all of you move your right. Now." Dean demanded and we started moving to our right, but Fulton interjected. "Who made you a boss? Everyone to the left." then we started moving to our left and ended up falling on the ice again.

"I really hate this" I complained as I fell on top of Banks, luckily his back was facing me.

"Get off of me! I can't breathe!" Banks groaned, and he huffed in the air as I get up from his back.

"You guys can argue all you want, but I'm not tying you until you move as one." I groaned as Coach said that.

"Now you're learning! Communication! That's it!" Coach exclaimed as we all are finally able to move without falling.

****

"You guys are startin' to look like hockey players. I'm proud of ya, team." Coach said, picking up the rope. "You worked hard today. But hockey should be also fun. Rancher Dwayne."

"Yes, sir!" Dwayne replied.

"Round me up some stray cattle there." We all exchanged glances in realization, standing up as Dwayne smirked. "My pleasure!"

Averman was out as Dwayne caught him by the rope. I skated away as Dwayne was trying to catch me by the rope, I saw Charlie and went behind his back and Dwayne caught him instead of me. "Adelaide!" He groaned, and I giggle at his reaction. "Oops, sorry spaz-way."

We were all just having fun and skating around until Coach asked us to do the nut bush dance. Connie and I were laughing hard as we danced.

Minutes later Coach Bombay joined us and started dancing as well. After the fun, it was our time to go home.

****

"It's funny you say I'm not a good singer while you look hilarious when you're dancing." I scoffed as Banks and I was walking home together. I kept forgetting that he was my neighbor. We were arguing back and forth for 30 minutes straight about me singing awfully and him dancing hilariously.

"I didn't say that! I only said that my ears hurt every time I heard you singing." He sighed in frustration.

"Exactly! You were implying that my voice was awful." I rolled my eyes, adjusting the duffel bag strap on my shoulder because it was heavy.

He sighed, rolling his eyes before attempting to grab it from my shoulder. "Give me that you look like a walking dwarf."

I scoffed at his remark, pulling my duffel bag away from him. "For your information, Banksie I'm tall for my age."

He rolled his eyes, ignoring my statement, and grabbed the strap of my bag before pulling it from my shoulder, I also pulled it causing us to tug it back and forth for a second until he won since he was much stronger than me, and put it on his shoulder.

"You know I can handle that," I mumbled, and he smugly smiled at me. "Keep telling that to yourself."

We continued to walk in silence until our house came into view. Then he gave me my bag back as we stood in front of our house. I grabbed it from him, putting it on my shoulder before making my way to the front door.

"No, thank you?" I turned around as Banks spoke up, smirking at me. I looked at him with no emotion. "Thank you," I muttered, but loudly enough for him to hear it.

"What was that?" He mocked while cupping his ears and I scoffed, shaking my head. "You're such a jerk." I turned around, opened the front door, and went inside then I heard him chuckle before shutting the door behind me.