C H A P T E R 21

"Adelaide!" Connie yelled as she passed the puck to me and then immediately skated toward the goal with Mendoza beside me.

Then Iceland players started hurling themselves at us, attempting to knock us down. Fortunately, Mendoza was with me when an opponent attempted to knock me down, but Luis quickly ducked down to trip the Iceland player.

"Thank you," I exhaled.

"Anytime," he said hastily with a nod before skating away.

"Dwayne!" I exclaimed as I passed the puck to him since every opponent was now heading my way. Then he did his great maneuvers with his puck but was eventually pushed down from behind by Iceland.

Iceland's player then skated to the goal.

"Somebody get on him!" yelled Bombay.

"Luis, get him!" I yelled, knowing he was our team's fastest player.

But, in the end, Iceland scored when Luis lost his balance while skating, causing him to collide with the opponent.

I sighed as I looked up at the scoreboard.

3-0

Damn.

Then we switched lines when Bombay told them to do the Flying V. I watched with bated breath as Jesse Hall led the Flying V, and then they began skating toward the goal, but they were all knocked down by Iceland players.

They scored again when Sanderson scored after Gunnar Stahl passed the puck to him.

The announcer observed, "Four-nothing, Iceland."

Then my mood suddenly lifts when the Bash Brothers went on the ice and began knocking down all the Iceland players who gets in their way.

I sprang from my seat as I watched the game carefully with Banks beside me. When the Iceland player failed to shoot the puck in because Goldberg caught it, Kenny skated behind the net and took it with his hockey stick.

As Kenny was skating to their goal, two Iceland players went in front of him in defense, and he suddenly shows off his figure skating skills by jumping off with a twirl. The two opponents stared in awe at him, distracting them, especially their goalie.

They were sufficiently preoccupied with Wu's figure skating ability to miss the fact that Fulton had transferred the puck to Kenny, who was standing near the net, and when he fired the puck in, the alarm went off.

I screamed and leaped in delight. "Oh, my God!"

Banks and I exchanged high fives and turned around to see Kenny doing what Russ's brother had instructed him. We laughed and stood there amused.

The Bash Brothers then removed their helmets and began performing erratically in the center of the ice, eventually joining Kenny in the penalty box.

Connie then stood up as it was her turn to play. 

"Connie, be careful out there. They're grunning for you." Charlie warned her.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." She replied with a little bit irritated tone.

"Are you sure?" I inquired.

"Yeah," she responded one more time before stepping onto the ice.

We were watching her intently as she skated around the corner of the rink, but Sanderson abruptly knocked her down, forcing us to stand and yell angrily at the Iceland player.

The puck then slipped down to the corner as the Iceland player failed to shoot it into the net, and Connie rushed to get it, but it was stuck.

Sanderson then started skating for my best friend, intent on knocking her down.

"Yee-haw!" Dwayne exclaimed near me, startled me slightly, and rushed onto the ice, despite the team's efforts to stop him.

Sanderson's attempts failed when Dwayne grasped him by the rope and pulled him towards him.

When I noticed the three of them standing up, I spoke up. "You know guys, this guy is literally getting on my nerves now," I grumbled as I walked away from the seat and toward them, ignoring their calls and pleads.

"Oh, we're screwed now," I heard one of them say, but I ignored it.

"Thank you, Dwayne, but I'm no lady; I'm a Duck!" Connie said before pushing him down on the ice and turned around.

"I'll get you for th--"

He came to a halt as I approached him.

"You know, I've actually wanted to do this since the beginning of the game."

"Wha--"

He was cut off once more as I skated backward and tightened the ropes that was still around him, causing him to fall hard on the ice.

Then I looked to my right as I heard the whistle blow and saw the referee approach me: "That'll be two minutes, miss."

"Two minutes?" I mocked, looking down at the man staring up at me. "Well worth it, isn't it?"

As he struggled to get off the ropes, I smirked and followed the referee to the penalty box.

"Thanks for getting after him; that guy annoys me so much," Dean replied, fist-bumping me.

"He should be thankful I didn't punch him again," I said, shrugging.

"Nah, but you should have though."

I shooked my head, letting out a chuckle before watching the rest of the game.