Chapter 2

Vivaldi - The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 2 in G minor, RV 315 "Summer": III. Presto

A/N: Most of this Chapter is written in 3rd POV mixed with some 2nd. think of it as if the grim reaper is someone completely different but in Y/N's body. (Pretty much like moon knight) 

You have almost forgotten the cold state you are in when the grim reaper takes over your body. It's as if you are floating in an abyss waiting for her to finish what needs to be done. All her memories then replay in your mind as if you're watching a movie. There are times when you could feel what is presently going on but for the most part, you were in a state of unconsciousness.

She is now the one who walks in your body.

Each step she took had a purpose. Each one is in control as she drags the body bag behind her down the hall of the compound. This time she was there because she needed to be and not by force. It was her choice. But the choice is just an illusion. Not when there are other people in control who can manipulate you to sway your decision in the way they want.

What choice did she have? Either come back to the compound or be hunted by them or worse. She knew the outcome would be the same no matter what. So the grim reaper did what had to be done and showed herself once more. She was always inside you. Protecting you from the dangers of the outside world. It wasn't Hydra that activated her but rather the only choice she had to save you and herself.

Already adapted to the surrounding environment she knew her way around and made her way to an area where she believed that the Avengers would be. Unfortunately, she was wrong. There were only two avengers in what she believed was the common room.

She was quiet enough that neither assassin heard her, but with their skills, they should've. That would have been the case if the redhead wasn't currently straddling the soldier. They were too busy swapping spit to notice the grim reaper rolling her eyes. She may not physically feel any pain but you did. It was your heart that tightened at the scene folding out in front of you. It was you who flinched with the pain of losing the man you love to another.

However, you expected it. You couldn't believe that he'd wait for you. That he still believed that you were alive. But at least he was happy.

Grim reaper cleared her throat, stopping their movements. Natasha looks over Bucky's shoulder seeing her standing there. Her expression was far from pleasant in fact it look like one of disgust and murder. Grabbing her gun, Natasha points it towards the grim reaper firing a full round of bullets. Without a second thought, each and every one of those bullets drops to the ground. "Your flimsy little bullets won't do shit to me. And don't even try to throw the knife." The grim reaper easily absorbs the kinetic energy that was in the bullets rendering them useless. The same could be done with the knife but she was also trained to be an assassin.

"What are you doing here?" Natasha says unbothered by their current position, unlike Bucky. He however was very uncomfortable. They have been caught in a much more compromising position by their teammates, Natasha never really shying away. He really didn't care either except for right now. That it was you who caught them made him feel an emotion he has forgotten. One he has felt a few times in the past as a child and in his teen years. It was a mixture of guilt and regret laced with what he believes to be a sense of loss.

"I would like to speak to the Captain and Stark." She said picking at her nails. "And I'm assuming you're the Grim reaper." Just the men she was looking for walking through the door. "What gave it away?" Tony shrugged. " I don't know. It could be the Russian accent you didn't have hours ago or the lifeless eyes."