Chapter 20

The next few days after your birthday have been nothing but pure bliss. Waking up each morning with kisses either from your daughter or Bucky then having breakfast with the team. After you all go your separate ways until dinner and then you and Buck spend the rest of the night in a mess of tangled limbs.

However, unease crosses your mind. There have been a few missions here and there, nothing the team can't handle. Yet you are still no closer to stopping Sin as you were months before. And now you fear as if you may not win.

This morning was the same as the ones before. Your mind began to ease and a smile formed on your lips as you felt kisses along the length of your body up to your neck and then cheeks. "Easy Soldier."

"You're killing me here." Bucky says in between kisses. "I don't know whether I want my shirt on you. Or to rip the goddamn thing off." You giggle underneath him trying to playfully push him off. "Didn't you get your fill last night?"

"I can't get enough of you, rose." His voice muffled as he kissed his way down your neck to your collarbone. You run your nails down his back nearly drawing blood. The pain caused Bucky to ground his pelvis against yours.  Both of you were suckers for pain, losing yourself in the controled torture. You ache for him to take control, to make you beg, scream and cry. For you to sweat and bleed.

You want to float away.

By the clenched jaw you can tell he wants the same. Slowly. It's been too long for both of you and the last thing you should do is rush into this. 

But before it could get any further your phone lights up accompanied with a constant dinging sound. "Looks like I'm needed, love ." Bucky groans in the nook of your neck, mumbling something incoherent. He reluctantly gets up anyway to start his day. Naturally he would want to spend the day with you in bed but the world doesn't stop spinning.

30 minutes later you made it to the lab to see what was so urgent. "Finally. Where were you?" Tony asks but before you could even open your mouth he speaks again. "You know what I don't want to know what you and buckaroo were up to."

"Well why did you call me down then."

"We've figured out the neural inhibitors." Bruce comes in holding a tray full of tiny earpieces which are supposedly going to protect the avengers' mind from the horrors of the Hydra monsters. "Ok. Still not seeing why you pulled me out of bed." We're you sounding selfish? Yes! But you were allowed to. Given the fact that you have spent the better part of half a century being a test subject and weapon for an evil ex nazi organisation.

"We want to test them out without you know testing them out." This was where your low latent inhibition and powers came in handing. Breaking apart each element mental while simultaneously feeling the energy coursing through was a blessing and a source of your geniusness.

"Fine give it over." Bruce carefully placed the tiny piece of technology in the palm of your hand. It felt so delicate you were afraid to break it. But this way it was made sure that it won't be detected by anything or anyone. Keeping the avengers safe from the horrors of their own mind.

"It's good."

"You sure?" Tony question nearly biting his entire finger nail off. You'd never figure that Tony was a nail bitter but  his anxiety gets the better of him. And it's only worsened by the need to protect those who he loves. After the first mission where everyone got hit it took him a while to get back from that. Tony tries so damn hard to keep everyone safe that it's taking a toll on him.

But it's impossible to build a sheild around the world. Especially when there is evil lurking within.

"Yes Tony I'm sure. And we can always run more tests on them if we need to."