Chapter 14

As the temperature dropped and snow flurries fly. Christmas was nearing as time was passing on by. It was a joyous event after a more sombre one. The festive activities however have just begun. The lights were hung and twinkled so bright. It was a beautiful site. It was the week before Christmas when Tony came. "You are all invited to spend Christmas in the alps!" He exclaims.

"We leave in two days, people. So that's how long you have to get your shit together." Tony looks towards you with a smirk and you fire one back. "Have you ever been to the cabin smarty?" You nodded. "Every year since I met your father. Even won the snowball fight of '52."

"Ah. Yes, the infamous snowball fights. We should make time for that while we are up there." Sam made a noise of disagreement. "Yeah, I'll pass."

"Why afraid of a little snow?" Bucky teases. "More like I don't want to get a snowball in the face from that metal arm." Bucky shrugs with a little smirk plastered on his face. The tension that arose a few days ago seemed to dissipate. You wonder if you were the reason for that. You knew that that particular day was hard for both Bucky and Tony, that it held so much weight that they shouldn't have to carry but decided to do so.

There were limited options on what to do to resolve the problem. Locking them up in a room together was one but not the best. So you and Steve had devised a plan to get them away from the compound and met at a bar that was from your time. There was still a picture of Steve, Bucky, Peggy and Howard back from the war when they came to Brooklyn to visit for a little while. All before everything went downhill. You left them to talk, fight, cry or whatever they ended up doing. But all you knew was that once they came back things seemed better.

"It's not mandatory to participate in any of the activities I have planned," before Tony could continue, Pepper cleared her throat. "Sorry that Pepper had planned. But it would be nice if the whole gang, minus Clint and the gods, were together for the holidays." You knew Clint was with his family but you weren't sure why Loki and Thor wouldn't be joining. Turning your head you look at Loki as he sits beside you on the couch and lifts your feet onto his lap.

Bucky is practically livid when he sees the scene before him. He hates how Loki can just do that, and touch you in public even if it's just platonic. He hates how he can't. Bucky constantly reached out for your touch and wanted to feel your warmth but couldn't. Not while he and Natasha were still together.

"What does Tony mean you guys aren't going to the alps." You asked Loki. A little sad. Both Thor and Loki have become close friends of yours and since they constantly travel between Asgard and Earth you don't get the chance to see them quite often. "We are needed in Asgard. We received some interesting news from the warrior three and have to inspect it." You understood that they were needed in Asgard being the co-kings of the land. So there was no reason for you to argue or complain. "You could always come with us?" Bucky growled from his spot but was held back by Sam from doing something that he'll later regret. "And what about Ana? I just got her back." Loki smiled knowing what his words were doing to  Bucky. He wished for you to express your feelings to one another.

"You can bring her to. She is the only child whose presence I can handle."

"Let her get used to earth first before we travel into space." Loki kisses your cheek. "I understand. Next time." And gives you a wink. Bucky was boiling in his seat. Wanting to snatch the god and squeeze just a little too hard. But knowing he'd be leaving soon stopped Bucky from being sent to an Asgardian prison for killing a prince.

"Well, I must be leaving. See you all soon."

"Call the rainbow bridge outside reindeer games. I'm not in the mood to renovate this place again!" Tony yells from the kitchen. "If I must." Loki transports out of the room in a cloud of green mist as he usually does. "Now that we don't have the gods, can I have my own room? I can't and won't share with anyone. The amount of you that snored is unbelievable. I need my beauty sleep."