Chapter 2

"Ugh" shadow slowly opened his eyes to quickly close them again after being blinded by the bright lights "guys he's awake!" A young voice said shadow put his hand over his eyes to cover the light his head felt like it was going to explode. He slowly sat up to see he was surrounded by people he was beyond confused because it was all of sonics friends "wha-" shadow was cut off when a female hedgehog ran and jumped onto him "oh, sonic i missed you so much!" Amy said nearly breaking shadows spine 'wait sonic?' Shadow pushed the pink hedgehog off of him making her fall on the floor shocking everyone in the room.

Shadow didn't say anything his just held his head in pain his ears were ringing and it felt like he was going to pass out and it didn't help when everyone started surrendering him he tried getting up but his arm was pulled back by some cords connected to his arm, he yanked them out and pushed through everyone finally able to get off the bed thats when he realized he was in a hospital he never liked hospitals "sonic whats wrong?" Tails asked worried "stop calling me that!" Shadow yelled getting fed up with all of this they were being loud "but, sonic-" amy said but was cut off "im not that faker why is it so hard to tell the difference!" Shadow yelled once more thats when everyone went quiet they didn't know what to do in this situation.

Shadow just glared at them and reached into his quills he couldn't find his emerald anywhere but he still dug around he grabbed something and pulled it out it was a picture of sonic and all of his friends it was slightly covered in yellow like dust "what the-" shadow said but then noticed he didn't have his inhibitor ring on none of them and his fur was.. blue?! He touched his quills once more and it was tilted downward not it usual upward position, shadow dropped the picture and ran to the restroom while tails picked up the fallen picture walking over to the bathroom slowly to see if his 'brother' was okay when tails peeked into the restroom he just saw 'sonic' standing there looking in the mirror holding his face, he looked shocked "what the hell happened to me" shadow said he looked exactly like his rival and when he listened more closely his voice changed too

Shadow gritted his teeth he was frustrated his head ached, he was with people around him who wouldn't leave him alone, he was somehow in his rivals body, and he didn't know where his rival was. He turned his head towards the small two tailed fox who honestly looked kind of scared "where's faker" shadow said in a deep voice which frightened the small fox "he went home with rouge, sonic what's going on with you?" Tails said stepping aside as shadow walked past him and out of the room stomping out of the hospital looking as if he would kill anyone that goy in his way which made everyone that he walk past quickly walk past without making eye contact.

With sonic—

Once sonic woke up his was under a bed sheet cover sonic rolled over on his side but something didn't feel right his head was hurting but there was also something else there was this scent in the air and it wasn't like the one in his room it was different it smelt, better? Sonic lifted the sheets from over his face and he still couldn't see anything the room was pitch black. He swung his feet over the edge of the bed or what should have been the edge of the bed, the bed was definitely not his it was longer and more comfy sonic scooted a little more to the edge still no end of the bed, sonic ended up getting on all fours crawling on the bed trying to find the edge he smiled once he found the end of it but ended up slipping and falling hitting his face on the floor causing a loud thump.

He heard the sound of wings flapping towards the room and the door bursting open "shadow what happened-" rouge said and then looked at sonic his body only half way on the bed the rest on the floor she looked for a while until she started laughing "shadow honey what are you doing?" Rouge said trying to hold in her laughter since she knew shadow wasn't the type to play around "rouge can you help me up please" sonic said which slightly surprised the white bat "shadow are you okay since when did you call me by my actual name and politely you even asked for help" rouge said while helping up who she thought was shadow "shadow? What do you mean im sonic?" Sonic said clearly confused.

Rouge was going to laugh once again but realized that the hedgehog in front of her was being serious "wait, what? Sonic but how?" She said "why did you call me shadow i look nothing like that faker and where am i?" Sonic said looking around the room his ears then started to ring and he held his head wincing in pain rouge had a hand on his back seeing if he was okay "big blue are you okay?" Rouge said believing sonic shadow never let her get close to him "yeah im fine my head just really hurts" sonic said still wincing and gripping his head quills while rouge lead his to shadows bathroom and turned on the light the first thing he saw was dark hedgehog with red stripes standing in front of him.

He was speechless he walked closer to the mirror touching the glass and rubbing his cheek there was no way what he saw in front of him was real it just couldn't be stuff like this doesn't happened in real life. does it? His legs felt weak and suddenly felt tired as if he had just saved the world four more times without rest thats when he heard aggressive knocking on the door obvious that it wasn't going to stop until it was answered.

Rouge already had an idea on who it was she flew out of the room and went down stairs with sonic far behind her following. Sonic was standing behind the couch in the living room, once rouge slightly opened the door shadow bursted in pushing past rouge and immediately started looking for sonic when he saw  himself standing behind the couch he ran over and looked terrifying even if he wasn't in his normal body he could still give anyone a death glare "faker what the fuck did you do!"