Part 8

"Suspect."

*

"She.. she's the only girl I loved so much. Though.. Though I've been an asshole for cheating at her once!" I blurted out, I know I'm not in the right state of mind but I'm glad this woman doesn't even mind.

"Mhmm, I understand. We all make mistakes. Yet that doesn't mean it's your fault that.. she.. she died." She sadly replied.

I was about to chug my last glass of wine when my phone suddenly rang and registered Old Han's number.

"Yes?"

"S-Sir.. If you wouldn't mind me asking, where are you?" He politely asked through the call and I then glared at the air as Han Byeol just watched me as I proceed to the call.

"What is it that you need to know, Old Han? I'm currently at a friend's house right no—"

"DAAAAADDDYYYYY!!!"

I suddenly came to my proper senses after I heard Jihoon's loud scream at the background.

"U-uh... Young Master Jihoon, please calm down now we're —"

"I WANT DADDY RIGHT NOW!"

"W-what's wrong? What happened to my son?!" I asked, hysterically and worried what the hell is happening.

"We don't know what's wrong with him, Sir. He suddenly busted out of his room and looked for you but when we said you're out, he became like this—"

"WHERE'S MY DADDY! I WANT HIM NOW!!"

Upon hearing the strong demand of my own son, I quickly stood up and dropped the call and was about to leave when Han Byeol stopped me.

"Do you need a ride home?" She asked and stood up as well.

"This sounds shameless of me but I really need one, right now." I said and she smiled, ringing the car key around her finger and gestured me to follow her.

"Guys, take good care of the corpse. I have a guest to deliver home." She spoke through the echo-y hallway and a small echo of "Yes, Ma'am." from her assistants were heard afterwards.

"Come on, you don't want your son to wait any longer or else he'll pass out later." Han Byeol said and I sat on the passenger seat and buckled up my seat belt and we both rushed to my home...

*

Upon seeing the house, I saw a few familiar cars parked outside the house and it came to me that Mom and the other housemaids were ordered to come to calm down Jihoon.

"Thanks for giving me a ride home, Miss Jeon. I'll give you a nice dinner in return soon." I said and she smiled, nodding as she waved goodbye.

"No worries, Mr. Yoon. I'm glad to help." She said before finally taking her leave.

I quickly entered the house and saw how crowded it is, the only thing I can hear completely hear is my son's muffled cries and I rushed to see him and saw that he's being carried by Mom.