Part 20

"Evidence."

~

I texted Hana to not wait for me to arrive and just head to bed if ever I'll come home so late tonight. I'm currently driving towards the place where Wonwoo told me to meet him up.

The guards opened the gates for me and I drove on his long driveway up until I reached the parking lot in front of his house. The mansion was amazing to look at, it was modernly designed and it screams his name and his profession as a real estate holder.

"Good Afternoon, Master Yoon. Chairman is waiting for you inside." A guy in suit came to welcome me and escorted me inside the house where he guided me to a lobby where this Wonwoo-guy is, wearing casual clothing with his aura looking so restless and blank.

"Pardon my appearance, I was on an off for a week at work." He said and placed down two cans of beer in front of us as he sat down.

"So, how's the reunion? I hope I don't hear any news about you kicking her out." He said and I scoffed.

"I wanted to say my gratitude to you for taking care of her. Also, I needed your help." I said and he chuckled and nodded. "My pleasure it is."

"I wanted to open up the case again six years ago." I stated and he stopped me and quickly placed down his can of beer.

"Mmmh, I wouldn't want to burst your bubble but..." Jeon snapped his fingers and his assistant suddenly arrived with a file. He smirked at me and placed down the file in front of me to let me see what is inside of it.

I slowly opened the file and saw the papers that quickly made me frantic.

"W-what the..."

~

"Young Master Yoon has arrived." The maids and butlers has came to fall in line and greeted me as I entered the Mansion. It has been years since the last time I came here and I have been insinuating what's the old man's reaction to my arrival.

"What brings you here, son?" Mom came to greet me and hugged me as I entered the hall.

"Where's Dad?" I asked and she pointed to the man at the lobby fancily sitting at the long couch with a newspaper on his face.

"Dad, I want to tell you guys something." I said and Mom sat down beside Dad who seemed to got surprised to see me at his house.

"Have you found a woman already?" Mom asked and I chuckled.

"It's a lot better than saying it like that..."

"I..."

"I've found Hana."

~

"Y-You what?"

"I found Hana." I repeated and they were both shocked to my announcement.

"You sure you found a living body instead of the dead one?" Dad asked and I nodded, sitting down and placing the file that Wonwoo handed me in front of them.

"Turns out, she was alive all these years, trying to run away from us because she was a proclaimed criminal by herself." I replied and Mom opened the file and was surprised to see what's inside.

"W-what...?"

"I know, I was surprised to see it as well. These years that she was with that Jeon Wonwoo, she's recollecting evidences about the house being burned down and she also sought information when the four girls was detained." I stated. Yes, she was seeking revenge and she was looking for more proofs so that she can file a case against it, again.

"So... She's not dead after all..?" Mom asked and I nodded.

"And she came back to you after having an affair with that young millionaire?" Dad asked and I sighed.

"I wanted to see it as they are having an affair too, but they said it, they never was in a relationship. But.."

"But...?"

"She has another kid."

~

"I'm home.." I called out and saw Hana in the kitchen, I think she didn't heard me at all because she didn't replied so I came up to her ang hugged her from behind.

"O-ohh..." She whimpered and looked back at me as I sniffed her long hair.

"Why are you still up? I told you not to wait for me." I asked and she chuckled and showed me what she's been doing.

"I figured you might sleep right away and not eat dinner so I made some ramen and bibimbap." She said and gestured me to have a seat. Really? She's been that busy just to make me some food?

"What about Aaron?"

"He's already sleeping. I told him you'll be coming home late." She replied and placed down a bowl of ramen in front of me and one to herrself as well. I started eating and oh was it so delicious. I felt the warmth of the broth literally tracing down my throat which made me smile.

"It sure tastes like home when you make it." I said and she smiled, her cheeks reddening as she do so.

"Thanks for waiting, darling." I said and she nodded, gesturing me to eat more.

How can this person look so different but still be the same? Does it even make sense? What I was saying?

I mean... when I look at her physically, she looks so fragile, sweet and decent. But when I think of how she thinks and moves, it's... different, like, I would never expect her to do such thing as revenge, or if that wasn't the case, why would she try to collect evidences and information about everyone involved for the past years?

I was certain that she is Hana because she wouldn't look away from me the moment we locked eyes in the first meeting after her disappearing, she wouldn't be hesitant to answer to me when I asked her about Jihoon, it just that why...

Why is it so confusing, why is she so complicated about everything...

"Han..? Are you okay?" Hana asked and snapped her finger in front of my fave which kicked me back to reality, turns out I was just staring at her the whole time as my thoughts clouded me.

"Hana.."

"Yes?"

"Are you seeking revenge..?"

>End...