Part 9

"She's here."

*

"I must've been too attached to you, love. I still can't get over you and you're still the woman I ever wanted." I lowly spoke and knelt as I placed a bunch of freshly picked flowers that Hana loves a lot.

"Jihoon wanted a mom but I can't help myself to love again, it's just that no one loves me like you. You're the only woman I ever wanted and unfortunately, you're gone." I then suddenly smiled when I remember that time when she once told me that she's scared to even get separated from me when she's still pregnant. Of course I knew it was just her mood swings because her behavior lightly changed when she was pregnant with Jihoon.

"It's almost time for Jihoon. I gotta pick him up now, Hana. I couldn't wait to hear your son's stories about how his day went." I said and stood up, patting my pants to shake off any debris, then my phone suddenly rang registering Mingyu's name.

"Yes?" I answered and waited for a reply from the other line.

"A parcel was sitting on your porch so I brought it inside. It's mailed all the way from.. Osaka." He said and I wondered why would someone from Osaka deliver me a package without my permission first.

"I didn't received a message from Osaka that I'll be having a mail today. Make sure it's safe before bringing it in."

"On it." He shortly replied before hanging up.

"Master Yoon—"

"Goddammit—" I cursed and almost threw my phone to the person who suddenly appeared behind me, it was Daiki by the way.

"Daiki, damn. This is a cemetery, are you planning to kill me here and bury me instantly?" I asked and he laughed, apologizing for what he did.

"I just had to pay a visit to my sister's grave. I want to tell her a story and I want her to know I passed the exam and soon will be a doctor." He said and showed me a certificate of completion.

"Well, I congratulate you. I hope you'd be a successful doctor and save lives..." I said and my voice cracked in a tone of sadness which I think he felt obvious which made him  pat my shoulder.

"Hyung, noona would be so proud to see us still fighting for our lives. I know you love her so much and you just can't find someone the same like her." Daiki said and I gave him a bitter smile before tapping his shoulder back and left.

~

"Excuse me, where are the kids at the moment?" I asked the ladyguard and she looked at her minipad before fixing her glasses and looked back at me.

"Sir, did your kid not tell you they're having a mini trip to the zoo today?" She asked and I confusingly shook my head.

"W-what do you mean..? I thought it's just a regular school day." I replied and the ladyguard shook her head and pointed the the empty rooms inside.

"They're all out with their guardians. And as I recall, your son is with a young woman."

"Y-young woman? How does she look like?" I asked and the ladyguard looked up as she tried to remember.

"She has a fair skin, she doesn't look like she's from here and she wears a very luxurious hat." She replied and I almost snapped, as if I know the person that she's talking about.

"B-but.. you know Jihoon doesn't have a Mom, right?"

"Oh yes sir, but the woman registered herself as Jihoon's guardian and the kid seems to agree with it."

Crap, Jihoon seems to agree?

What if that woman kidnaps him?!

"That woman regularly visits him everytime when the kids are at the playground, sir. I often see them eating together and the child seems very comfortable with the woman. I perhaps thought she's your wife."

"My wife is dead.. six years ago." Upon hearing what I said, she fell surprised and she stattered.

"So it's impossible that the woman that's with my son is my wife."

"I-I see... A-anytime now they'll be back s-sir... I will make sure to keep an eye if ever the woman has bad intentions towards your son."

Please tell me I'm wrong..

Because at first, Jihyo was my suspicion but I saw her the whole day in the office. It can't be Mom since she went along with Dad on his business trip in Malaysia. And it only leaves me with one person...

That woman who peeks at us every evening, that woman I chased one night..

Who is she?

What if she's —

"Dad!"

Upon hearing the familiar voice calling me from not too far, I stood up from being seated at a pillar from the shed and quickly wrapped Jihoon to my arms as he did as well.

"Why haven't you told me about this trip?" I asked and he looked down, keeping away an eye contact from me.

"Jihoon, who is this woman that came along with you on the trip?" I asked and Jihoon seemed unwilling to reply to my question so I made force and placed a heavy hand of mine on his shoulder, making him force a look at me.

"Don't you ever sneak up on me, son. Don't ever try going with any stranger—"

"Hey, Hoonjeong. You forgot your tumbler at the bus—"

Hoonjeong...?

"A-ah.."

"You..?" A forced voice came out if my mouth, still unbelievable of who the person is.

"I-I.."

"Y-you're.."

The heck, why can't I say it? Why can't my mouth move? As if I never suspected it at the very beginning!

Why am I so speechless?!

"Dad...."

"D-dad?" She surprisingly asked Jihoon who afterwards nodded and she looked at me in disbelief.

"You're here, at the very beginning?"

>End...