Part 19

"Nostalgia."

~

Yoon Jeonghan's POV

I woke up to the scent of coffee and I looked around seeing no presence of Hana around the room. It's already 7 in the morning and a glass of water was placed on the table beside me.

I quickly went to take a bath and fixed myself before going downstairs and saw Hana busy in the kitchen making breakfast.

"I hope you're hungry." She said but didn't looked back and just continued cooking.

I went to hug her from behind and buried my face on her neck that startled her. She was quick to realize it and just shrugged it off with a smile.

"I missed you so much, times like this haunted me for ages." I said and she chuckled and turned around to face me.

"Thank you for forgiving me." She said and we smiled at each other.

We sat down at the dining table and started eating when I realized Aaron wasn't with us.

"Is Aaron not up yet?" I asked and she nodded. "I saved him some food so he can eat when he gets up." She replied and continued eating.

"Hmm, by the way.. I'll be off to work today and I'll come home a bit later tonight because I'll have to inform the House about you." I said and she looked at me in confusion.

"T-The House?"

"My family." I replied and she nodded. Of course at some point I still have to tell Mom and Dad about it. She has my children after all.

"Don't you think they'll accept me after everything?" She asked anxiously and I looked at her in assurance, holding her hand and lightly stroking it.

"They don't have to if they don't want to. I can love whoever I want and that doesn't have to mean that they should accept whoever it should be." I replied and she smiled. I think assuring her first about everything is good, I'm still unsure about risking some of myself anyways.

....

"Han, you're late." Jihyo said and gave me a raised eyebrow.

"I had to run into something before coming at work." I replied and passed through her to sit on my swivel chair.

"I received mails from the Jeon Estate awhile ago, I've notified them that you'll reply to them as soon as you arrive." She said and pointed at the mails on the side of my table.

"Did you read anything about the mails before delivering it here?" I asked and she shook her head. I just had to make sure she hasn't knew about Hana's return just yet. I couldn't keep my guard down since she might plan anything against it.

"I haven't looked at any of it since the assistant said it should be kept as it is and just wait for you to see it yourself." She said and left the office.

I looked at the mails and opened it one by one, the first mails was Hana's accounts and all of the titles of her owned villas all across South Korea. It was all so expensive, no wonder Jeon Estate was so popular for it. He probably wants me to remind Hana about this and let her decide what she wants to do with it so I took all of the mails that regards to Hana's businesses and estates so I can take it home for her to see later.

There was this box under the envelopes that was wrapped in a bow and I opened it and what I saw shocked me.

Jeon Han Byeol
-Photo Album-

My damn mind went blank for a moment when I first saw how thick the album was, so Jeon collected these photos and sent it to me so I can see what Hana had done through the years she wasn't with me?

-Before and After Surgery-

It was a photo of Hana when she had a face surgery when her face got burnt during the accident a few years back.

-First public walk-

It was a photo of her in a blue dress, walking out in public for the first time after her surgery. She was with Jeon, walking out of the Office with paparazzi all over because it became a topic that this 'Mediocre Estate Chairman' is rumored to be dating a woman younger than him.

-Her first Noble Prize-

This was an awarding event that I ditched, She received a Noble prize for being the first woman to successfully support local and international events, donate to charities and provide advocacies all across the country.

"She was living her life..."

I couldn't help but think that 'did I just took her out of her life?' or 'did I just snatched her dreams away from her?'.

I looked at several more photos of her when I came across this photo of an ultrasound with a letter attached to it.

-Hana's second baby-

"Han, I know this would make you doubt her. But it is indeed your child. Nothing between us happened and I respectfully deliver you this photo with a proof that I am not related to her child. Please do not try to hurt her for defending herself if ever you get out of your wits and tell her that this kid is not your child. She was delirious and was crying a lot of times when she knew she was about to have another child but she doesn't know how she'd raise it without you so I had to step in and provide support for the mean time."

So Hana wasn't lying?

But still... I have to make sure.

"Jihyo, cancel my meeting this afternoon." I called Jihyo through the office phone connected to the front desk.

"What? Why? The management wants to hold the meeting today!" She spoke back and I sighed.

"I told you, cancel it. I have something more important to catch up with." I replied and dropped the call.

I took out my phone and dialled Jeon's number. It took a few seconds before he answered and I could hear him whining and groaning through the other line.

"What's up?" He replied which made me raise a brow at his respond.

"I want to talk to you this afternoon but your respond says otherwise." I replied and he chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I'm kinda wasted right now. Can you pull up for a minute? I'll just request someone to prepare my place for us." He replied and turned down the call. After he turned it down, I dialled Mom's phone and she immediately answered.

"Yes?"

"Mom, I'm coming over tonight. I have some news."

>End