Chapter 46: Aphrodite

"You did what?!" I wasn't sure if I should be laughing or yelling at my son.

"I said, I stopped by Earth to chat with Callie. She seems like a very nice girl," Eros calmly replied and brushed off his tunic.

"I'm sure she is. But why does that matter? The vow is broken, and I'm free to go on about my life like nothing had ever threatened it."

"Yes, but it was a seriously close call, Mother." Suddenly his face and body went still and cold, like a statue.

"Oh, shove off. The outcome didn't worry me." I ignored the fact that the words were a bit of a lie when my name buzzed in my ears suddenly, and I shook my head to clear it. Odd.

"Sure you weren't. But there's more to the outcome of all this than where you end up. You do realize that both Aidan and Callie are hurting, broken just as much as that vow?"

A small pang of guilt hit me directly in the chest but I ignored it, as well as the call of my name again. "They're in love, they can't avoid each other forever. They'll end up finding a way."

"Not at this rate. That's why I went to see Callie. I wanted to make sure she was on the mend, but I could tell she's still running away from Aidan. I gave her some advice but I don't know if she'll listen to it before it's too late to mend the relationship."

"I've been watching them for weeks, I think I would know if their relationship could be saved or not. Plus, I know that- OH FOR ZUES' SAKE, WHO IS CALLING ME?"

Eros' face looked confused, but then his gaze traveled over my shoulder to where my vision cloud was. I turned, expecting to see nothing. Shock ran through me when I noticed it was dark and stormy. I turned fully towards it and swiped my hand to clear it and accept the message that had been trying to come through.

I jumped slightly when Aidan's voice blasted through the room.

"Aphrodite! I know you hear me! If you don't get your ass down here I'm going to find a way to get to Olympus and-"

I sighed, tuning him out and faced Eros who was grinning from ear to ear. I noticed his one dimple that was identical to mine standing out and I sighed again, giving in to what I already knew he wanted me to do.

"Come with me then, son?"