5. The Vampire Bar

Sasha

I never thought I would have a vampire in my car. Maybe a dead one locked in the trunk but nope an actual vampire is sitting beside me changing the stations of my radio. I quickly swat his hands away as a good song comes on.

"No more touchy!" I growl out. Jax leans back with a smirk on his face. I hate it. He is too handsome to be a vampire. He doesn't even smell like one.

Vampires have a distinct smell. They smell dead. The more newly turned they are the worse the smell is. Jax doesn't smell dead. He smells musky and alluring. Did I mention I hate how attracted I am to him?

"Sorry love wasn't quite sure what your music taste was." He leans his arms back and his muscles flex.

"I like all music but usually no one messes with my radio stations." I bite my lip as I try to stop myself from checking him out.

Jax shrugs. "Do you normally have lots of people in your car?"

"Not really. I'm kind of a loner. What about you?"

"Same. It's just easier you know. Nobody to boss you around or ask questions about your job."

"Yeah nobody has to get hurt." I whisper then speak up. "So Jax what is your occupation annoying vampire?" I smirk and he chuckles.

"Sorry to add to your disappointments love but I'm an entrepreneur. I go where ever I want and do whatever I want."

"So you don't have a job actually?" I raise an eyebrow at him. I want to know the truth. I don't care if he has a job or not but I'm curious. I have an urge to know anything and everything about him.

He looks towards the road refusing to make eye contact with me. "I used to have a job. A great one actually. But they asked me to do something and when I refused they got rid of me. Tossed me aside like the rubbish I am."

I'm not sure what comes over me but I reach over and grab his hand. Jax looks surprised by my action.

"I'm not sure what you refused to do but it's always a noble thing to stand up for your beliefs. I'm proud of you Jax." I pull my hand away. "Maybe I won't kill you after all." I wink.

He laughs and I laugh. The tension in the air is gone and we keep driving down the road. The town we are going to is still far away. We're going to have to stop at a motel for the night.

It's almost midnight when I pull into a cheap motel. They only had one room available and I'm not excited to share a room with a vampire. What would happen once I closed my eyes? Would he try to suck my blood? Or worse try to kill me? I never let my guard down and I wasn't going to start now.

I grab my bag out of my trunk and unlock the door to our room. It is a plain room with ugly yellow wallpaper, two queen-sized beds, and an older flat screen on the wall. I pick the bed closest to the wall. Throwing my bag on the bed I fumble through it until I find pajamas.

"I'm going to shower. Maybe you can order a pizza or something for dinner."

Jax sits on his bed bouncing up and down. He looks at me unamused. "Sounds good. You like meat lovers?"

I wink. "Ohh I love meat. Now make sure you tip the delivery boy." I walk past Jax and go into the small bathroom locking the door behind me.

After a thirty-minute shower, I brush my hair and teeth and put on a black sports bra with matching spandex shorts. I open the door to see Jax sitting on his bed with two pizzas and a case of beer.

"Where did the beer come from? Never mind I don't want to know." I sit on the other side of Jax and grab a slice of pizza and take a huge bite. It's delicious I can't help but let out a little moan.