29. The Date

Sasha

I am completely shocked. I was sure going to the ogres would lead me to some sort of clue as to who killed Greta. But I'm still just as lost.

Greta and Mary Beth are both dead. Queen Merda was hexed. They probably didn't kill her because she is a royal council member. And Stan the leprechaun is missing. No clue as to if he was taken or just left. His whereabouts are completely unknown.

We tried to find him. We really did. But when we reached his house we found it burned to the ground. There was no scent of anyone else there. And to make it worse no body was recovered. Stan could be anywhere. Like the others, he could be dead. It's been two weeks of looking for him non-stop.

I am exhausted. All I want to do is give up. We are not any closer to finding answers. The more we dig the more questions we have. I decide to call it quits and drive home. Theo has also returned home. Jax is with me and is the only one not ready to give up. He says he is going to make some more calls. Reach out to more people. But I think we have used up all our resources.

When I get home I change into an oversize cotton shirt. It's black and comfy. I like it. Laying in bed I decide to take a nap. My dreams don't help me relax because all I have are nightmares. Everyone around me dies and I'm the only one left. Feeling someone rub my back I wake up sweating.

"Jax! What are you doing?" I ask rubbing my eyes to wake myself up more.

"Sorry love I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask me what?" I ask suspiciously of him. Jax doesn't ask he usually just does whatever he wants.

"I want to know if you will go on a date with me. To dinner?" He asks and I notice he actually sounds nervous.

"You want to take me on a date?" I smile. "In the middle of all this craziness. The one thing on your mind is a date?" I wrap my arms around his neck looking into his eyes lovingly.

"Well, it's not the only thing on my mind. But I figure we save that for dessert love." Jax winks and I smash my lips onto his. His kiss deepens and we kiss more before I pull away.

"Yes, Jax. I would love to go on a date with you." I answer and he pushes me back onto the bed. My back hits the pillow and Jax kisses along my neck.

"You're perfect love." He looks into my eyes deeply. "What would I do without you?"

"Starve." I tease. "Now get off me so we can both get ready.

I take a quick shower, alone, despite Jax begging to join. Then I do my makeup and hair. I leave my blonde locks down and decide to put in some loose curls. My dress for tonight is maroon, with an off-the-shoulder neckline and it is covered in lace. Matched with tan shoes I feel fabulous.

Walking into my living room Jax is ready to go. I stop walking when I see him. He looks so handsome. He has on a three-piece black suit. It looks expensive and his shoes are shining like they were just polished.

"Ready to go love? We have a reservation." He asks and his deep alluring voice has me already wanting to skip straight to dessert.

"You made a reservation? I guess you thought of everything." I smile and grab ahold of his arm. He is my man candy tonight and I will proudly show him off.

We step outside and a black sports car is waiting for us. I hold onto Jax tighter.

"Umm whose car is this? Jax do you have a car?"

"I do. I hardly drive it. Thought it would be useful for tonight. Do you like it?" He asks spinning the keys around on his finger.

"I love it!" I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a quick kiss. "After tonight we're going on a million dates." I gush. I am just so happy.