19. Jealousy

Sasha

I shove my stake right through the vampire and he falls and turns to dust. Putting my stake in my waistband I dust off my hands. Theo walks up beside me.

"Man, that was so fun. I'm knocking vampire fight off my bucket list for sure." He is cheesing so hard I can't help but smile also.

"You have a bucket list, Theo?"

"Sure do. All the fun things I want to do before I go home. Go bowling is on the list also." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"And I will do my best to help you complete your list. Maybe after all this is done we can finish the rest." Theo abruptly hugs me and I'm a little taken back by the contact but I hug him back.

"You're the best Swift!" I laugh and mess up his hair.

"Thank you, Theo. Now, where is Jax?" Theo frowns and I raise an eyebrow. Theo points across the field.

Jax is across the field and he isn't alone. He is talking to another vampire, a beautiful brunette woman. They look like they are arguing. I ball up my fists.

"Well let's see if he needs any help, hmm." I grab Theo's hand and drag him with me. He keeps trying to assure me everything is fine but I doubt it.

We get closer and the woman spots me before Jax. She whispers something to him and then runs off using her vamp speed. Jax turns around nervously.

"So I'm glad that's over. Should we continue looking for the Queen?" Jax tries to walk past me but I put my hand on his chest to stop him.

"Oh no, you don't! Who the hell was that Jax? And why isn't she dead along with her friends?" Theo takes a few steps back and I poke Jax's chest.

"She is a friend. She wasn't with them. She just wanted to walk to me." He talks so calmly like it isn't a big deal. Well, it is.

"A friend? Do you have friends who look like that? And they just want to talk? Yeah, I don't believe it." Jax rolls his eyes.

"Believe it, love. You're the only one for me, trust me." He tries to touch me but I take a step back. He frowns.

"Then what did she want Jax? And how did she find you? She seemed to run away pretty fast when she saw us coming. Right, Theo?" Theo takes another step back looking at the ground.

"Keep me out of it, please." He begs. Jax runs his hand through his hair.

"She came to tell me something. But it's pretty unbelievable. I'm not even sure of it myself but it makes sense. Also, she gave me a warning."

I tap my foot impatiently. Why can't he just tell me what she said? "Well, what was it?"

Jax comes forward and grabs my shoulders. "It's umm. Well... the vampire king. He knows I have been helping you. I'm sure he has already told the rest of the Royal council." I shake my head confused.

"That's it? Why would the vampire King care if you're helping me?"

"He just has a big deal about loyalty. That's it." I sigh in relief.

"Well like you told me you don't follow rules, do you? Plus if you're loyal to me then I'll be loyal to you. But I'm still iffy on your girlfriend." Jax laughs and wraps me up in a hug.