28. Ogres

Jax

Hanging upside down. My arms tied to my side has me rethinking my life's choices. The most recent choice I regret is letting Swift go off by herself. The last one is pissing off a horde of Ogres.

Theo is beside me also tied up. Luckily for him, he isn't upside down. But still, the situation we are in isn't the best.

"Jax, we aren't going to tell Swift about this are we?" Theo asks with pity in his voice.

"We can't. No way she would let us live it down. It's embarrassing mate."

"You're right it's very embarrassing." An angelic voice answers and I know never to doubt her again.

"Swift!" Theo calls out. "Help, please. Jax's big mouth got us into trouble."

Growling I have to argue back. "It wasn't my fault. The whole thing was just a misunderstanding love. Trust me."

Swift walks up slowly and even upside down she is beautiful. I hear cutting and I fall to the ground landing on my back.

"Tell me, Jax. What exactly happened when I left you two alone?"

3 Hours Earlier

"I can't believe you let her go alone."

"What were you thinking?"

"Anything could happen to her. We're supposed to be protecting her?"

Theo has been nagging me about letting Swift go off alone. This walk through the mountains has become dreadful. Not even the glorious views can make up for Theo making me feel like rubbish.

"What if they find her and we aren't around? I won't forgive myself." Theo whines and I can't take it.

My eyes go red and I flash him my fangs.

"Shut up Theo! Don't you think I feel terrible enough? I don't need you to remind me every bloody second! She is mine! My Beloved! My worries, not yours!" I snap and Theo looks at me grinning.

"I know you didn't want her to go." He pauses. "Then why did you agree?"

Sighing I figure I better tell him the truth.

"She wouldn't forgive me. Swift is full of pride. If I stopped her from going. She would think I don't believe in her. Which I do, I know how tough she is. But still..."

"Still you're afraid she could get hurt." Theo finishes my sentence and I nod in agreement.

"I won't forgive myself either if something happens to her. But we have to trust she can do this alone. Even if we don't like it, Theo."

Theo folds his arms and stomps his foot like a child. Of course, I forget he is a child being only fifteen.

"I don't like it. And I hate how she refuses to give me chocolate ice cream anymore!" Theo fusses and I laugh.

"You threw up all night after eating five tubs of it. She is looking out for you."

"Hmph I, can take care of myself. It's ridiculous."

"You're ridiculous Theo."

"No, you are!" Theo argues back.

"No, you!" I yell and get in his face towering over him. Theo shoves me.

"No, you're ridiculous vampire! I'm great!"

We keep arguing when I hear a twig snap.

"Theo, did you hear that?"

"Nice try. You're just mad I was winning." He smirks.

"No really. I think I heard something." I take a look around and notice nothing looks familiar. "Theo where are we?"