one

Y/N

As I sat at my friends dinner table on a dim Saturday Night, watching everyone laugh and have the time of their lives. There was this very pretty girl who just kept staring at me. Her blond hair was falling over her eyes but i swear they were piercing through me. When I looked back at her, she looked away, and when I broke the contact, her blue eyes were back on me.

We accidentally looked at each other at the same time so we just stared, i was scared to break contact and she was scared to hold it. She wasn't sitting too far away, there were probably two people in between us but we were both at the end of the table. At this point, we were eye fucking.

I sat with my arms crossed over my chest and I was slouched while her hands were in her lap. I looked at her until I asked to be excused from the table to go to the bathroom. My heart was beating fast.

While I was in the bathroom, i put cold water on my face and dried it. I opened the door, and she was right there.

"Um, were you spying on me?" I say, laughing slightly as i dried my hands on my pants.

"No- Well, I swear I wasn't trying to. I just thought you looked very pretty and I wanted to ask for your number but then I was like 'wait, they're probably peeing' and then you opened the door when I wasn't expecting it." She said frantically, while waving her hands, trying to emphasize her speech.

"You're Billie, right?" I asked as i looked down to make eye contact with her.

"Yeah. You're Y/N, right?"

"Yeah." I say, the air was dry and i stopped for a second to fix my cashmere sweater.

"I really like your music." We say in unison. It was even more awkward but then I decided to speak up.

"Thank you." We say unison.

"Um, i was wondering if you'd want to hang out with me. Where i live isn't far too far from here." Billie said smiling.

"You want to come to the city i'm from?"

Who am I deny a beauty like her. I'm very interested in her but there's one thing that crossed my mind.

"You're Ryder's girl, right?" I say as i begin walking down the hall, she follows me and walks beside me.

"It's complicated. You guys are friends, right?" She questions, holding her phone to her chest.

"Yeah, we're cool." I open the back door and walk outside. It was chilly. I don't know why I was dry. I found her attractive but she has homie, she's dealing with. I'm not gonna act like I didn't know even though I wanted to.

After an awkward moment of silence, we made eye contact once more.

"You said you wanted my number, right?" I say, putting out my hand and she places her phone in the palm of my hand and I type my number in. I hand the phone back and I get a text message which lights my phone up.

Is that an earthquake or did you rock my world?

I smiled as I read over the message.

"Careful, Ms. Eilish." I say as I lean my head back against the wall. I got a small smile from her.

"Can't help it." She replies while shrugging her shoulders. I smile. She smiles. We make eye contact again.

........................

only if I knew, i couldn't either.