15

Kitty

After we got out of the shower, Vinnie and I went our own ways to get ready for our boating outing. After I got dressed though, I found out that we can take the boat out over night, we just have to return it in the morning which is pretty neat. So were sleeping over on a boat!

I packed my bag first, and then put a small bag together for Finch, since he'll be coming along with us. Vinnie made fun of me for it, but I don't care when he's the one that slipped a small ziplock baggie of treats into the bag as well.

Now, all three of us packed and ready to go, were headed out of the door when a knock on the front door stops us.

I glance at Vinnie, ready to run but he leans his head back and groans.

"Fuck, I forgot that the boy were coming for a meeting." He admits and he sets our bags down onto the floor by the door. Vinnie urns to me, ignoring the more persistent knocking obviously from multiple fists. "We can reschedule-"

I wave that off, "Its alright, it wont take long right?"

Vinnie shakes his head and reaches for the locks on the door as I take a step back, "No," he answers and when he pulls open the front door he very loudly says, "I'll make the leave if they overstay their visit."

Alex and Corey who are closest to the door make faces at Vinnie, Alex pouting and Corey scrunching his nose up in disgust.

"Like id want to stay anywhere near you, you prick." Corey scoffs and then looks at me, "Morning Kitty."

"Hey Co."

Alex gasps and throws open our screen door, leaning into our door frame as Kio, Josh, and Jack come walking up to my porch.

"What about lil ole me?" Alex asks me, batting his eyelashes.

Vinnie glares at him and very obviously speaks his mind, "Alex I'm about two seconds from closing the door on your head."

"Yea," Corey grabs Alex's shirt and pulls him back outside so that he can come into our house, Corey just walking in to find himself a place to sit.

As the boys come in, they all greet me, Kio asking how I'm feeling today, and eventually the only. two missing are Chase and Bryce.

"Where are Chase and Bryce?" I ask a loud, still standing at the front door so that I can close it when they arrive.

Alex comes up beside me, his eyes looking out of the screen door. "I think Thomas said that they were just leaving the house when he was pulling out." his eyes shift downwards toward the side of the door and his eyebrows scrunch. "You two going somewhere?"

I open my mouth to answer but two hands gently take my shoulders. I look over my shoulder to Vinnie who's reappeared , and he completely ignores Alex's question while he turns me around.

"Hey, so how do you feel about going on a walk on the beach?"

I furrow my brows and glance behind him, "We're gonna leave the boys here?"

Vinnie presses his lips into a line, "No..."

I stare at him, not really getting it until Vinnie glances to Alex on my right.

Oh, I see.

I pull away from his grip and fold my arms over my chest, "Yea-" I glance to Alex who gives me a small smile, "Yea, I can do that."

"Are you comfortable with that?" Vinnie asks, his hands starting to spin his rings, "I don't want you to-"

Alex wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him, "Don't worry bud, Ive got her."