58

Odette was using some of the free time, undisturbed by chaos and trouble, to visit Belle at the hospital

Odette was using some of the free time, undisturbed by chaos and trouble, to visit Belle at the hospital. Ruby had told her what happened during her own visit to their friend, and Odette wanted to check in on the woman and make sure she was alright now. As she walked up to the open door of her hospital room, Odette could see Belle sitting on her bed, eyes glued to the window as she stared at the world beyond it.

"Good morning." Odette announced her presence, making Belle's eyes turn to her as she noticed her arrival only then. "I brought you some things from home. And some more clothes so you're not stuck in hospital gowns all the time." Odette revealed, rising a duffle bag into the air as she brought it over to the bed.

"Uh, thanks." Belle said quietly, obviously somewhat confused as she watched Odette come closer. She remembered her from both the night of the accident and some of the visits she'd paid her since then. But it was still odd to have the woman come around and be her friend when Belle couldn't remember anything about their friendship. "How are you, uh, getting my things thought?"

"Oh, did I not mention that before?" Odette asked, somewhat surprised she'd missed to mention that little detail. Although, it wasn't like she was really an expert in dealing with amnesia. "We share an apartment. Have been for a while now."

"Oh." Belle mumbled out, unsure of how to react. She did wonder at times where her home was. Although she doubted it would feel much different than right now, staying at the hospital. She didn't remember it.

"I brought you those really comfortable slippers you stole from me." Odette started to list off as Belle opened the bag and looked through the contents. "And some books so you have something to do. A few of your favourites, and the one you were reading when... you know."

"The Three Musketeers." Belle read over the cover, unable to recognize the title before noticing a bookmark stuck in the middle of the book. She assumed this was the one she was in the process of reading before the accident. "Well, suppose I'll have to start it from the beginning again."

"I know books are a long-shot in getting your memory back, but you love them, and you love reading." Odette started to speak. "So, I'm hoping that maybe, even if they don't bring your memories back, reading might help you feel more like yourself again."

"Thank you." Belle said with a small smile. Everyone just kept focusing on restoring her memories all the time, it was nice to have someone just trying to help her feel more at ease. Setting the books aside, she turned to the blonde again. "Can you tell me how we became friends?" She asked.

"Well, it's a bit of a complicated story, but you were in a bit of a bind. At odds with your father while also fighting with your boyfriend." It was so weird calling the Dark One someone's boyfriend to Odette.

"Mr Gold." Belle filled in, remembering what she'd been told so far by the man she didn't recognize and remember who continued to claim he loved her.

"Yes, Mr Gold." Odette nodded her head, keeping the distaste from her tone or face. She didn't want her own feelings coming out and playing with Belle's mind when she was still so confused. Especially when, even though she hated to admit it, Odette believed Gold could be their best chance at getting Belle's memories back. "Because of that, you didn't really have a place to go. So, I offered you my spare bedroom."