166

For someone who always complained whenever their newest task involved a load of walking, Odette sure liked to pace in times of stress

For someone who always complained whenever their newest task involved a load of walking, Odette sure liked to pace in times of stress. It was the sound of her shoes crunching against the ground of the cell that filled the otherwise silent space. At least until their fellow prisoner, a woman whose name they were yet to learn, and hopefully would, spoke up as she noticed something in Emma's hands.

"What's that?"

"It's my parents'. I guess you could call it their wedding ring." Emma explained in a sad tone as her eyes remained glued to the ring in her hands, wondering what was happening in the world out there and all the ways in which the story was changing because the ring was here with her.

"And they entrusted you with it?" The woman asked curiously, inching closer to the edge of her own cell so she could get a better look at the ring as Emma turned it for her to see.

"Sort of. I need to get it back to them." Emma announced, knowing that if she didn't manage to do that, everything they'd been trying to fix would be entirely destroyed. And she along with it all.

"Being away from family is a terrible, terrible thing." The woman gave out a small sigh, showing just how much she understood what Emma was feeling in that particular moment. "The longer I'm separated from them, the pain doesn't dull. It worsens. Maybe, because I know I'll never see them again."

"If my mom was here she would tell me to have hope. Maybe, you should, too." Emma said with a small smile, knowing that was exactly the optimism with which Snow would approach their situation. "Who knows, maybe you will end up with them again."

"I don't think so. I'm fairly certain, they already think that I'm dead. And soon that'll be true." The woman's pessimistic words had Emma's eyes turning to Odette who now stood at the cell door, hands holding onto the bars as she gave out a heavy sigh.

Standing up, she abandoned her conversation with the other prisoner for just a moment as she came to stand by her godmother's side, putting a hand on her shoulder and making Odette's eyes glance her way. "Hey, we're going to get out of here, okay? Killian and Aramis will come and get us." She tried to reassure her.

"I just wish I had my pendant. Everything would be so much easier if I'd brought it, even if I didn't wake it back up again yet." Odette gave out a small sigh, her mind cursing Zelena once again, and herself, for not wearing her pendant despite thinking it no longer worked. "I don't... What if they come too late? What if after everything I'm just meant to die in another cell?"

"I refuse to believe that. We'll find..." Emma spoke in a firm tone at first, but soon her voice trailed off as her eyes focused on something at their feet. Kneeling down, she picked up a spoon that had been abandoned there before her eyes quickly turned to the other cell again. "Give me your spoon." She insisted quickly, ignoring the questioning and curious looks she was getting from the other two as she grabbed the spoon the woman gave her.