Part 6

Ella's POV

After 10 hours of running a make it to a town three hours away by car. I go into the town and look around. I see some zombies so I quickly climb up a ladder onto a roof. Knowing that would be the safest place to sleep. Seeing as it is almost fully dark. Once I'm up i look down as see around 50 zombies roaming around the building I'm on. I sigh and put my duffle bag down.

I take off my katanas and put them next to my bag. I then take off my jacket and fold it up to use as a pillow. I lay down and look up at the stars. "I'll sleep here. Then tomorrow i continue making my way there." I tell myself. "...Lucas, you better be okay. I don't think i could do this without you." I say. Knowing the main thing keeping me going is the thought of finding him and keeping him safe. After a few minutes, i fall asleep.

I hum and open my eyes. I hear yelling. I get up and look around. The yelling is coming from the ground. I walk to the edge and see a human down there killing all the zombies. I quickly grab my katanas and climb down. I help them kill all the zombies. "Are you okay..." My voice trail off when i see him. Lucas, my baby brother. "Lucas, are you okay? I was worried." I say as i rush up to him. "Stay away." He says, I freeze and look at him confused. "Lucas, are you okay?" I ask.

He sits down on the ground and takes a few deep breaths. He has tear stains on his cheeks and his face is red. He's sweating and panting. "Lucas, what happened?" I ask him. He looks up at me and smiles. I smile back and walk up to him and i kneel down and hug him. He whimpers in pain so I quickly let go. "What hurts?" I ask him. His eyes drop and turn hard and cold. "Why do you care? You never care! You should just give up! I will be better off if you never find me!" Lucas yells at me.

"You don't mean that." I tell him as tears enter my eyes. "You couldn't protect me before and you can't protect me now. You let this happen!" Lucas yells as he shows me a bite on his neck. I gasp and look at him as tears fall from my eyes. I shut my eyes and when I open them, Lucas is a zombie, and he's coming for me. More tears fall and I close my eyes, letting him bite me. Then i gasp and sit up on the roof.