Part 12

Ella's POV

I jump up and look around for any danger. I take a few deep breaths as I remind myself of where I am. After a minute I lean back against the door. I check my watch and notice the time. It's a little after 8am. So I gathered all my things and put them in my bag. I peek out of the cut up blanket to make sure there are no zombies around. Once I know the cost is clear I take the blanket down and put that in my bag as well.

I grab a spray can and get out of the car. I put my tag on the car and leave the can on the hood of the car. "Be safe Lucas. I will find you." I speak into the air. I start to limp away. Making sure to save as much energy as I can. As I limp I reach up and touch my necklace. 'I'll be strong for you and Lucas.' I think to myself. With a sigh I continue to walk.

After a few hours I can't walk anymore. My ankle is hurting far too much and I feel blood in my shoe. I see a town so I limp as fast as I can. When I enter the town I don't hear anything. I go to the first house I see. I open the door and shut it behind me. I hit the wall with my fist and wait for any sounds. After not hearing anything I walk inside more. I see a door off to the side that is closed. And there is a ladder up to the second floor.

I walk to the door and open it. I turn on my flashlight and look inside. My eyes widen as I see a dozen or two dozen zombies inside. They all start to run at me. I quickly shut the door and quickly go to the ladder. The zombies break the door down as I reach the top of the ladder. My ankle is killing me from running and climbing. I open the trap door and peek my head inside. It's a well lit room with windows.

I climb up and shut the trap door. I grab a desk that is inside and put it over the trap door. I sigh and sit down on a couch in the room. I put my bag on the floor next to me. I put my foot up on the couch and take off my shoe. I groan as I take off my sock and start to clean my ankle to keep it from getting infected. After I clean it I grab a peach from my bag and eat it. Then I go to bed. Sleeping on the comfortable couch.